Upvote 0

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you send me one, I'd be more than happy to use it and log it's use, recovery, mileage and anything in between! More than happy indeed!!!!!! This is more than "WAY COOL"!!!! :hello2: :headbang: :laughing9:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was still up north I'd have to have one of those........but down here, in the surf...... :BangHead: :laughing9: :thumbsup:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Kewl, but would have a very limited area of use, I do like the bigger unit you have on your website, would be perfect for a boat.

Attachments

• SNAG-0004.jpg
    SNAG-0004.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,082
OP
OP
coin_diver

coin_diver

Oct 3, 2003
Syracuse, ny
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, xl500 (27 yrs) XLT (17 yrs)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the comments! It is a fair-seas machine but even the great lake lie down in the am.

Per the boat app, I am also building one for my boat to run submerged. Where there's a will there's more equipment!

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it :thumbsup:
I sent you an E-Mail requesting more info.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could see it working well in the right areas. I think even in fair seas however, the noise would be a no go on our beaches.

OP
OP
coin_diver

coin_diver

Oct 3, 2003
Syracuse, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Before the throttle control, perhaps but now with the water exhaust and control it is very quiet. Hardly noticeable from shore. My goals were to have no ambient interference while listening for whispers.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
When hunting with a scoop it is easy to nail the shallow but very difficult to obtain the deep. Do you have any video of very deep targets being located in the 12 to 16 inch range, kinda hard to tell how much material is being moved. Thanks Joe

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
In Florida this wouldnt fly, they have a no dredging law, fresh and saltwater. It would be neat to use wading though, just as your video shows. I was thinking have the suction tube, with a ball valve/diverter, and have it mounted right in the middle of your coil, on a slider tube, so you could go deep as necessary. Open the valve and slide the tube down to pick up the target. Then it would change sound as you got the target. A water exhaust would be nice to muffle.

OP
OP
coin_diver

coin_diver

Oct 3, 2003
Syracuse, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All items considered during design. It has an underwater exhaust and add'l baffling making it very quiet.
The trigger is mounted in the handle and is only run up to recover the target.
A coil p/u was considered but didn't pan out. This was more efficient in testing.
Fl is no different than any other state, they have to be approached properly. Look, I have great results in NY, this is hardly the old west here. I met with, showed videos, informed officials on methodology and even provided insurance. If we don't invest some effort then we can expect the same results.

Let me state unequivocally, this is not a dredge everyone. A dredge works by moving massive amounts of material to find a small number of targets and the officials know this. You don't use a backhoe to recover a coin on land do you? You pinpoint. This is why the 2" size is perfect for the sport.

Bottom line, we have to be more judicious about how we protect our hobby and saying we want to dredge up the shore line gains us no ground. A nonsensical approach to "coin recovery" will draw more supporters. I spent 3 years re-designing a unit that would appease hunters as well as officials. It wasn't easy.

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them all.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used a coin dredge in the past but they are very restricted now as you need a permit for any dredging equipment from the DNR in most states. They do cause a lot of damage to the bottom but it is the silt that harms spawning fish that causes all the trouble. Some guy tried to use one at a state park beach swim area last year and had Sheriff Dept boats and the DNR give him tickets and take the dredge. Just check your laws in your state before plunking any money down on any dredge now days.. I considered dredging more like work and I felt it wawsn't as much fun as MD'ing.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how does it refill the holes ?

OP
OP
coin_diver

coin_diver

Oct 3, 2003
Syracuse, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Per the holes, it doesn't however the hole left behind is so small it fills almost immediately.

Per the DNR, if you were to study the sedimentary plume from scooping vs. the vac you'd find there is equal siltation from lifting a scoop to the surface and shaking it or pouring it into the screen, as long as the solids volume was equal which it is not.

I can assure you that in a side by side comparison the scoops cause more bottom damage than the vac. I have studied it and the state agrees. I would be interested in someone showing the comparison to dredging. Technically or practically it doesn't exist. .4l vs. 8l of material per target (assuming a 1 scoop recovery) I know because I went through an Major Environmental Impact study and have the engineering report that was submitted to our state DEC.

Look, we all have to live by rules, the key is understanding the rules and living within them. If you enjoy scooping, then by all means do so but if you want to challenge the status quo then stand up and be heard. Do any of you say to the nice home owner, would you mind if I ripped up your yard, ma'am?

My intent here was to help those people who simply cannot scoop 300x per day. My permissions did not come easily nor was the educational curve inexpensive. Use what works for you, the country is still semi-free.

Again, thanks.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sounds good. PM me the prices, I didnt see them on your website. Steve.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your big one looks like a 4 inch.

2 questions.... What width is the sluicebox, and where did you get the recovery basket?

I already have a keene 4inch, but I need a good recovery basket for the end.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread