pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a lot of lead, the area looks like it hasn't been detected before.Congrats

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a lot of lead, the area looks like it hasn't been detected before.Congrats
Oh buddy this place has been hunted since the metal detector was invented. I just got on a spot that had some relics left. It was loaded at one time. Thanks.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh buddy this place has been hunted since the metal dete tor was invented. I just got on a spot that had some relics left. It was loaded at one time. Thanks.
Well you did really well then.
It only takes a little section that has been looked over to make it a great day.

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What was the general depths of the lead?
Anywhere from 1" to 16" I have a 15" coil for my GPX4500. Itll reach the deepies. Most of the stuff i find is just out of reach of vlf detectors in the 8" to 12" range.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My finds from today & from the weekend.

WOW! Digger70pa , Ill bet you already know what I wanna say . LOL

So ill leave it at Great Job , & hopefully GPX prices have come down enough to take to "MY" old productive sites .

Peace & a Blessed 2023.

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

So ill leave it at Great Job , & hopefully GPX prices have come down enough to take to "MY" old productive sites .

Peace & a Blessed 2023.
Thanks Dave.

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I remember when detectorists cherry picked the sites for buttons and buckles. They would ignore the lead signals like we ignore iron today.
I just found a spot where they left lots of buckshot. They picked out most of the bullets. I left a bunch of them in the ground also.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when detectorists cherry picked the sites for buttons and buckles. They would ignore the lead signals like we ignore iron today.
Ahhh, the good old days before I started detecting , when I liked ladies and drink more , the latter was time wasted lol.

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Peace & a Blessed 202

Peace & a Blessed 2023.
Look around you might find a deal on one. I see them all the time on FB. Not so much on our classifieds. Good luck & HH

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look around you might find a deal on one. I see them all the time on FB. Not so much on our classifieds. Good luck & HH
I've seen one in action 4 years ago and dude was pulling dropped US .58'S at IMO 18 -20 + INCHES in a damp lower lying area right next to the Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield , other machines could not hear them at all including a Whites TDI but that guy located a nice SC Cuff that he only showed to 3 or 4 people and I was not one of them but I did see it later at the club meeting . That hunt bordered the National Battlefield Park where 8 Million dollar homes were being built 3 were finished & our club members had a day to hunt it and share the finds with the 3 homeowners and the builder but when 2 dozen people showed up they quickly re*igged on the deal and ran us off after 2 hours; needless to say the homeowners and the builder only got a few fired minnies and Iron 'what is it's'.

Oh also the Park Rangers had put up cameras in many places and a few guy's where watching through binos , they actually said they were there looking for poachers as this was in early December . Ill add to my 'book' of a reply here (LOL) , several of the oldtimers had already scoured that area years and years before the Park added that land in the 1970's. . They must have kint picked as most there found a few fired Minnies and Roundballs . Except for the guy with the GPX and his drops. Sorry so long I need to get out more.

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've seen one in action 4 years ago and dude was pulling dropped US .58'S at IMO 18 -20 + INCHES in a damp lower lying area right next to the Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield , other machines could not hear them at all including a Whites TDI but that guy located a nice SC Cuff that he only showed to 3 or 4 people and I was not one of them but I did see it later at the club meeting . That hunt bordered the National Battlefield Park where 8 Million dollar homes were being built 3 were finished & our club members had a day to hunt it and share the finds with the 3 homeowners and the builder but when 2 dozen people showed up they quickly re*igged on the deal and ran us off after 2 hours; needless to say the homeowners and the builder only got a few fired minnies and Iron 'what is it's'.

Oh also the Park Rangers had put up cameras in many places and a few guy's where watching through binos , they actually said they were there looking for poachers as this was in early December . Ill add to my 'book' of a reply here (LOL) , several of the oldtimers had already scoured that area years and years before the Park added that land in the 1970's. . They must have kint picked as most there found a few fired Minnies and Roundballs . Except for the guy with the GPX and his drops. Sorry so long I need to get out more.
No doubt buddy. I've dug .58" three ringers at 16". Thats in the ground depth. Dig 20 to 30 of those & call it a day lol.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Digger, all I can say is that the Cumberland Valley has been very good to you. Well Done on all that CW lead. Well Done on Diggin' some History.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread