My wife gets a surprise in her sandwich and I find gold and diamonds in the parking lot

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife won the oyster lottery while we were at the beach. We went to lunch at our favorite little fry stand. They specialize in French fries, but also sell some of the best seafood at the beach. We always go there for lunch. This day she got a fried oyster sandwich which she does frequently when we are at the beach and she found a pearl in her sandwich. It came from a Chesapeake bay oyster which is very unusual. According to one expert on line there is less than a 1/10,000 chance of finding a pearl in a food oyster. The guys who run the food place said it has only happened 3 other times in all the many years they have been in business. They also said hers is more than twice the size of any they have seen. Info I found on line says these pearls are normally brownish or greenish because of the brackish water in the bay. Hers is a nice creamy white and is much bigger than any I found on line. I think she picked the right thing to have for lunch.

85089511-DBD4-404F-A656-83C27386B5F1.jpeg

I think I’ll get my jeweler friend to get a gold setting for it and put it on a chain for her as a Christmas surprise. A lucky charm and a nice conversation piece. This was her lucky day.

If you have been reading my posts up you know I will detect anywhere I can get permission regardless of how old the property is and I keep my eyes open everywhere I go. I check the coinstar machine, coin returns on vending machines, the sidewalk, parking lots, in line at the store. I am constantly looking for lost goodies. While we are at the beach my wife likes to shop so I walk the parking lots and check the vending machines. It was rainy and not very nice so I didn’t do as much walking the parking lot. When I did I only found 1 penny, but as I went by one of the empty parking spaces I saw something shiny in the middle of the space. So I picked it up and it was an earring that was gold colored and had stones in it. I checked it out and it is 14k and the stones are diamonds. It has been run over a little because it is scratched up, but it is still nice. Life is funny, just after I picked up the earring a car pulled into the space. If I had been just a little later getting to that space the car would have been over the earring and I would not have seen it. Right place, right time!

B616E2E6-3517-4E8B-A15D-6D6D65F6FFDF.jpeg

So my wife and I had a lucky day. Definitely not the norm by any means. It would be nice if the happened more often, but it is what it is and we need to be grateful for what we do get. Not metal detecting finds, but they are finds. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil (and your eyes) lead you to good things.

Upvote 22

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
My wife won the oyster lottery while we were at the beach. We went to lunch at our favorite little fry stand. They specialize in French fries, but also sell some of the best seafood at the beach. We always go there for lunch. This day she got a fried oyster sandwich which she does frequently when we are at the beach and she found a pearl in her sandwich. It came from a Chesapeake bay oyster which is very unusual. According to one expert on line there is less than a 1/10,000 chance of finding a pearl in a food oyster. The guys who run the food place said it has only happened 3 other times in all the many years they have been in business. They also said hers is more than twice the size of any they have seen. Info I found on line says these pearls are normally brownish or greenish because of the brackish water in the bay. Hers is a nice creamy white and is much bigger than any I found on line. I think she picked the right thing to have for lunch.

View attachment 2045774

I think I’ll get my jeweler friend to get a gold setting for it and put it on a chain for her as a Christmas surprise. A lucky charm and a nice conversation piece. This was her lucky day.

If you have been reading my posts up you know I will detect anywhere I can get permission regardless of how old the property is and I keep my eyes open everywhere I go. I check the coinstar machine, coin returns on vending machines, the sidewalk, parking lots, in line at the store. I am constantly looking for lost goodies. While we are at the beach my wife likes to shop so I walk the parking lots and check the vending machines. It was rainy and not very nice so I didn’t do as much walking the parking lot. When I did I only found 1 penny, but as I went by one of the empty parking spaces I saw something shiny in the middle of the space. So I picked it up and it was an earring that was gold colored and had stones in it. I checked it out and it is 14k and the stones are diamonds. It has been run over a little because it is scratched up, but it is still nice. Life is funny, just after I picked up the earring a car pulled into the space. If I had been just a little later getting to that space the car would have been over the earring and I would not have seen it. Right place, right time!

View attachment 2045773

So my wife and I had a lucky day. Definitely not the norm by any means. It would be nice if the happened more often, but it is what it is and we need to be grateful for what we do get. Not metal detecting finds, but they are finds. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil (and your eyes) lead you to good things.
I hope you went and played the lotto?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a really cool discovery of the pearl, sure beats some other foreign objects that have been discovered in meals over the years. News worthy discovery for sure. Congrats
I can almost see that mounted on a lovely teardrop setting-brilliant idea.
Well done on the eyeball find of the earring also, right time-right place.
(You can use the earring's little diamonds to enhance the setting of the pearl)

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2045774

View attachment 2045773

Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find but it makes you wonder about the place that makes the sandwichs ?

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear it was a welcome surprise in the sandwich and glad she didn't chip a tooth on it! 😄

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread