Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WARNING: This may be too girlie - girlie for some of you guys. :laughing9:

I have been slowly cleaning out my Parent's attic and basement since my mom's passing in 2019. 60+ years of stuff tucked away, stuffed away, and squirreled away. I happened upon this box with my name on it, "XXXXXXXX's doll house dishes from Grace." I never had a doll house, besides, these are children's playset dishes not dollhouse. I do remember having a metal kitchen set, so it is possible that I had these then. I was 3-5 years old. I do not remember them though. The newspaper they were wrapped in was dated 1981. That is the year I graduated high school. So, that makes no sense. Mom's gone, Great Aunt Grace is gone, Dad believes his Aunt Grace had twins and either lost custody of them or put them in an orphanage, and I can't recall the dishes. Oh well. Maybe you guys can figure out the maker, a date range, and some worth to these mysterious little dishes. I have figured some out.

1. Akro Agate green pitcher with 6 tumblers. They maybe uranium glass. I do not have a black light. Possibly c. 1930 based on this: https://www.glassencyclopedia.com/AkroAgateglass.html

AKRO AGATE SET 1.JPG

AKRO AGATE SET 2.JPG

2. Tea set. Absolutely no markings on them.

tea set.JPG

3. These are my favorite! Plates, teacups, saucers and bowls. The closest match I can find is to Hazel Atlas, but not exact in pattern. The bowls kinda look like little pyrex bowls.

pastel flower dish playset 1.JPG

pastel flower dish playset 2.JPG

pastel flower dish playset 3.JPG

pastel flower dish playset 4.JPG

Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking!
~WD

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have been slowly cleaning out my Parent's attic and basement since my mom's passing in 2019. 60+ years of stuff tucked away, stuffed away, and squirreled away. I happened upon this box with my name on it, "XXXXXXXX's doll house dishes from Grace." I never had a doll house, besides, these are children's playset dishes not dollhouse. I do remember having a metal kitchen set, so it is possible that I had these then. I was 3-5 years old. I do not remember them though. The newspaper they were wrapped in was dated 1981. That is the year I graduated high school. So, that makes no sense. Mom's gone, Great Aunt Grace is gone, Dad believes his Aunt Grace had twins and either lost custody of them or put them in an orphanage, and I can't recall the dishes. Oh well. Maybe you guys can figure out the maker, a date range, and some worth to these mysterious little dishes. I have figured some out.

1. Akro Agate green pitcher with 6 tumblers. They maybe uranium glass. I do not have a black light. Possibly c. 1930 based on this: https://www.glassencyclopedia.com/AkroAgateglass.html

View attachment 2029330

View attachment 2029331

View attachment 2029336

3. These are my favorite! Plates, teacups, saucers and bowls. The closest match I can find is to Hazel Atlas, but not exact in pattern. The bowls kinda look like little pyrex bowls.

View attachment 2029332

View attachment 2029333

View attachment 2029334

View attachment 2029335

Thanks for looking!
~WD
Not too girly,I played tea party with my Grand Daughters when they were little.I was 58 or so at the time. Only thing that comes to mind for me is the green glasses remind me of the glasses that diners and small eateries used to serve Ice water in. When you came in and sat down the waitress would bring a menu and glasses of ice water.It may have been a Southern thing,but that,s all I got.

OP
OP
WannaDig3687

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Not too girly,I played tea party with my Grand Daughters when they were little.I was 58 or so at the time. Only thing that comes to mind for me is the green glasses remind me of the glasses that diners and small eateries used to serve Ice water in. When you came in and sat down the waitress would bring a menu and glasses of ice water.It may have been a Southern thing,but that,s all I got.
Crash, that’s putting the “Grand” in Grandfather!” Yes, I have seen a few references to it being a water pitcher with water tumblers.

Thank you for your reply.

1654128430168.png

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2029330

View attachment 2029331

View attachment 2029336

View attachment 2029332

View attachment 2029333

View attachment 2029334

View attachment 2029335

Thanks for looking!
~WD
Wow those Akron agate tumblers are awsome WD....would love to know if they're uranium glass ? Very nice congrats !!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crash, that’s putting the “Grand” in Grandfather!” Yes, I have seen a few references to it being a water pitcher with water tumblers.

Thank you for your reply.

View attachment 2029997
You,re welcome! I am very close to the girls,we spent a lot of time together when they were little and I was a happy man then.I miss them very much,I always said that they were like a ray of sunshine in a dark place if you get my drift.I love that crash,thanks!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those little diners made the best hamburgers! Too bad McDonalds put them all out of business.There once was at least one on main street in every little town.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k

View attachment 2029330

View attachment 2029331

View attachment 2029336

View attachment 2029332

View attachment 2029333

View attachment 2029334

View attachment 2029335

Thanks for looking!
~WD
Take pictures and Google lens them. We did that recently when we moved and my misses had worked at op shops, she brought some things see liked whilst working at them. Not because she thought they were expensive but just because she liked some things like ornaments and vases and stuff. 50% were junk. But some I was surprised, she got for $1 and are worth $20 to $100.
But like anything, they can be valued that way but it all depends on what someone wants to pay. We watch a few antique shows, and even though the experts say "this is worth $200, on the day they may only sell for $50.
Still, Google lens I reckon gives a good idea. đź‘Ť

Porro

Oct 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This means “Yes” right?

View attachment 2030084
That's a big yes and because I'm a general collector of all sorts, I have some UV lights, plus a keychain version. Funny to see me walking through a shop, flashing glasses and things to see any UV markings or reaction. Since you have a light now, try some tonic water?

You did a fine job on the ID. The company's logo is a crow flying through the letter A (A kro = a crow) and holding a marble in its beak and another in each claw.

Just in case, looking at the UV light might be more hazardous than the radioactive properties of the glass. So don't worry about that part.

Value is what people have said, "what someone will actually pay", most of the time, these kind of things are more of a personal treasure than anything that can be of collectors value.

OP
OP
WannaDig3687

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a big yes and because I'm a general collector of all sorts, I have some UV lights, plus a keychain version. Funny to see me walking through a shop, flashing glasses and things to see any UV markings or reaction. Since you have a light now, try some tonic water?

You did a fine job on the ID. The company's logo is a crow flying through the letter A (A kro = a crow) and holding a marble in its beak and another in each claw.

Just in case, looking at the UV light might be more hazardous than the radioactive properties of the glass. So don't worry about that part.

Value is what people have said, "what someone will actually pay", most of the time, these kind of things are more of a personal treasure than anything that can be of collectors value.
Thank you, Porro, and welcome to TreasureNet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread