NA

Loganglenn123

Oct 6, 2021
Edit didn't think I'd live to tell the tale this evening after an encounter with a sentinel I had been unknowingly warned several times by them moving and stacking rocks near markers, today it was a gunshot deleting post as now I know I've got something and so do they. JUST KNOW THEY ARE STILL HERE. I'm lucky to still be here as well

Last edited:
Upvote 5
OP
OP
L

Loganglenn123

Oct 6, 2021
Found what I thought was pictographs from native Americans but ended up being Spanish symbols my interpretation of it was 3 Vera's "went off 33ft" and 60° there is a covered entrance. There did seem to be some sort of mining activity and a ton of spent burnt rocks that could cover an entrance, but I'm in west Texas there is no known silver or gold deposits I dug in the pile of rocks for 5 ft and it's still just small burnt rock . It was exhausting getting that far and no hits on the detector thus far. There is several exposed "pits" that were quarried for some reason. Documentation shows Juan Dominguez de Mendoza spent a week here with the natives and called in reinforcements from new Spain to protect the natives from apache.
I believe I'm on to something but I just have a cheap metal detector limited knowledge and time. Any input appreciated
Also want to add read the passage they named this place after the founder of the Jesuits loyola

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found what I thought was pictographs from native Americans but ended up being Spanish symbols my interpretation of it was 3 Vera's "went off 33ft" and 60° there is a covered entrance. There did seem to be some sort of mining activity and a ton of spent burnt rocks that could cover an entrance, but I'm in west Texas there is no known silver or gold deposits I dug in the pile of rocks for 5 ft and it's still just small burnt rock . It was exhausting getting that far and no hits on the detector thus far. There is several exposed "pits" that were quarried for some reason. Documentation shows Juan Dominguez de Mendoza spent a week here with the natives and called in reinforcements from new Spain to protect the natives from apache.
I believe I'm on to something but I just have a cheap metal detector limited knowledge and time. Any input appreciated
Cool! Good Luck!!!

OP
OP
L

Loganglenn123

Oct 6, 2021
Update
Cool! Good L

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread