Nahabit, his pictures, his topics

B

Benny-vermisst

Well, I don't want to get irritated (yet), remain quite quiet:

Our organization ( http://www.vermisst-gefallen.net) with members from many countries of Europe is actively in the search for missing and fallen persons. We have saved fallen Russian soldiers already too and have been also many times in Russia.

Misha (nahabit):

1. Bring the skull back from your living room to the fallen soldier!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

2. Please inform us, where exactly you have buried the human remains of the fallen soldiers!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Situation outline, map part etc..

3. Please send us pictures of the necessary ID-tags!!!!!!!!!!.

We will arrange for the rescue of the remains.

Benny

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sounds like an awesome offer to me.

I'm glad TreasureNet was here to put you two together.

Post here - use this site.

I am all for proper identification, and burial! If I (or TreasureNet) can be of any further assistance - just let me know!

Thanks,
Marc Austin
[email protected]

p.s, one of my short term goals is to add a feature where finds can be mapped much like the members map. (I'm working on it!) I hope it helps in efforts like yours.

OP
OP
B

Benny-vermisst

Thank you @Mark,

Yes, it would be beautiful ....

Awesome offer, yes....., we are humans, no animals.
Can you understand here how we must feel if some peoples here simply overlook such things?

The war is over.
Reconciliation over the graves!!!!!!!!!!!

Nahabit already probably would have starved, Germany wouldn't have sent so much humanitarian help at the time of radical change in the 90' years to Russia...
But people forgets very fast ...

OP
OP
B

Benny-vermisst

Got actual quiet here ....

Has it left some Members speechless?

There were some members of this forum, which ones were very enthusiastic about the macabre finds, the presentations of Nahabit.

Primarily from the countries where one can generally dig up "only" coins and old spearheads...
However, what am I by the way also interested in.

These people know real, what means, to dig up a fallen soldier?

Being confronted with the sight of the last minutes/seconds of this unhappy person?. Unimportant whether it is a Russian, a German, an American or anything.
Oh yes, you can recognize with a little knowledge very exactly what has happened with. So as if it had just happened !!!

Whether the mouth is then still so "big" ??

No, I don't talk about soldiers buried properly here! Of soldiers who have been killed in action!! And, today, still being regarded as missed persons!!! And family relatives still looking for ...
And for ever will be missed, if such people like Nahabit with her "work" are ready...

But, perhaps will pass no longer much time, then becomes an Iraki / Afghani here present his "find trophies" ...
At all events I won't be filled with enthusiasm in such cases.
But I am curious how these people then react....

Greetings from germany
Benny

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Benny,
I do not think anyone in this forum was "enthusiastic" about nahabit showing the photos of the remains of fallen soldiers....no matter what country they were from. Curious yes...but, there were photos that the majority of the world has never seen and therefore made it very interesting. We have been shut off from any actual photos from those eras for so long, that people here are interested in the history,because many of us were not even born when that war was taking place.
Those of us in America ,have witnessed many burial sites being unearthed..Native American,1812 and Civil War battlegrounds just to name a few. Just as countries such as Eqypt and China have had their tombs escavated for "history".

Most of the people in this forum wish to have those bodies of the soldiers,any solder returned to their homeland for proper burial.

Even though, I went to your website, I am having a hard time with the translation...sorry.
So if I have this correct, you belong to an organization that travels to these countries to gather the remains of any fallen soldier,identify them and return them to their homeland for burial. You are not an archeologist ? Who funds this operation or team of people that provide these services? Do you revover other artifacts such as tanks,weapons,etc?
I appreciate any information or insight you can provide on the organization you belong to ,in what capacity and
the steps you take to take these soldiers home.
Thank You

OP
OP
B

Benny-vermisst

@gypsyheart,

Yes, translating is hard work -why you shall feel better like me :)??

Unfortunately, this one was enthusiasm here anyway. Far too little word of the scepticism to such pictures.

You would have treated your fallen soldiers so?

Iam the 2nd chairman of our organization.

Yes, we make this honorable work and pay all costs "from a bag of our own" !!!
Of course we also get some donations but this hands just for the overweight of the baggage...

We are a charitable organization, don't get money of the state.

Yes, in this regard we are archeologists, now. But we don't dig for weapons or tanks etc..

The found dead bodies are only seldom convicted to Germany, they are generally buried on the military cemeteries in the respective countries.

However, we work for the people federation (Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgr?erf?rsorge) but also in many things on enquiry from private persons.

Sometimes these people donate, sometimes don't donate.

We don't demand this.

We say: Whether fallen Russian, German, American, everyone has deserved to get a worthy resting-place .

This is our contribution to the people notification.

But we don't search only actively but at the desk also . This is usually the first, then, what we must do . War diaries read, maps compare, contemporary witnesses interview , etc.
Many people know nothing more, sometimes hardly any more than "Missing in Russia" anyway.

We look for the way of the corresponding military unit. decode the Fieldpostnr ., tell people which official places still can give information , decode the label on ID-tag etc.

A lot of Work....
We have found 9 German soldiers last week. In Germany, near Berlin, Everyone with complete Id-tags, MIA's.

Within some weeks 9 German families are informed, which her missing people were found .
They won't informed that we have contributed...

Greetings fro germany
Benny

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
This is very honorable Benny! I am glad your group has undertaken this vast project.

You said "The found dead bodies are only seldom convicted to Germany, they are generally buried on the military cemeteries in the respective countries."

Does this mean that you are burying them in Russia, or whichever other country they are found?

Isn't that what Nahabit is doing on a smaller scale that is more affordable to him?

I don't think that he is trying to be disrespectful in any way. I just think that his finances dictate his course of action, just as mine would if I were in his situation.

Z

ZumbroKid

Good luck Benny and thanks for posting this long over due view of the finds! There are some members who did not post in said thread due to their personel beliefs. Good luck on your attempts to reclaim the fallen. I always respect one who will post a different side of a topic. But this is not about the topic it is about missing people.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Benny-vermisst
Has it left some Members speechless?
There were some members of this forum, which ones were very enthusiastic about the macabre finds, the presentations of Nahabit.
Guten Taq Mein kommerad: Yes I do know what it means to see the remains, I was in that one in the Pacific, remember? I also said that it didn't really matter to me where I ended up, if that particular spot was worth my dying for, then it was worth remaining there.

Our duty is more to the living than to the dead, however I do admire your work. Incidentally, what about the innocent civilian remains? the soldiers ate and had medicine, the civilians did not.

I have advocated showing these remains, since most in the US have never seen what war is really like. Seeing them brings home the horror, fear, and pain these people suffered. It forces them to face the fact that these were REAL people that died, not just statistics. For this reason I back Nahabit's posts.

I do not differentiate between the allies and the axis, both had very brave men who were simply forced to follow orders..

Till Tulenspiegle de la mancha

p,s You do know who Till Eulenspiegle was, no?

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
I Have To Agree With REALDE, If The American Public Could See What War Was Really All About, Maybe We Would Choose Our Wars A Little More Carefully. So Far We Have Failed To Learn From Our Past, And Young People Have To Pay The Price of Their Elders Mistakes. Just My 2 Cents. trk5capt...

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
being a student of history i see the same mistakes from vietnam replayed in iraq
dont follow trails to easy to get ambushed
troops in iraq follow the same damn routes to patrol and get a IED for lunch

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Benny-vermisst said:
Unfortunately, this one was enthusiasm here anyway. Far too little word of the scepticism to such pictures.

You would have treated your fallen soldiers so?

Greetings fro germany
Benny
Don't forget Benny, many members asked what was being done with the remains. We were told that Germany was not interested and nahabit was giving proper burial the best he could.
I for one welcomed a member from a Communist Country, a one time serious enemy, mainly out of curiosity on how they live and how they think. I am also interested in the artifacts that he finds, not the bones. I see now for him he feels the war is not over. I don't know if others in his country feel the same.
I hope the two of you can work together and help each other.
Now that you are a member, I enthusiastically welcome you also and keep us posted if you can.

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
joker bus

Attachments

• maxim_k4.jpg
    maxim_k4.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 2,393

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Bus reminds me of the 60's Hippy Busses around here.

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nahabit :)

You have a certain talent in changing the subject !!
Don?t you have anything to say to the topic in this thread ??

bigcypresshunter

I tried at an early stage, to post warnings against the stile, the pictures, and against what I would call political untrue facts presented by nahabit.

I was at that time censored by one of the administrators, and asked not to write anything against nahabit !!

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
And yet you do it anyway.

If he had something to say, I am sure that he would have said it.
He doesn't need you standing over him shaking a finger in his face.

Benny and Nahabit have been in contact and are working together. You should have read more before you started playing school master.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
agersea said:
nahabit :)

You have a certain talent in changing the subject !!
Don?t you have anything to say to the topic in this thread ??

bigcypresshunter

I tried at an early stage, to post warnings against the stile, the pictures, and against what I would call political untrue facts presented by nahabit.

I was at that time censored by one of the administrators, and asked not to write anything against nahabit !!

heres a piece of freindly advice, if you dont like nahabits posts, dont read them.

Z

ZumbroKid

It is good to read the posts of those who are in disagreement with certain posts. This gives a more well rounded view of the subject.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
SWR said:
hollowpointred said:
heres a piece of freindly advice, if you dont like nahabits posts, dont read them.

HPR, that goes against the purpose of a Forum board. Without discussion or the option to post objectionable opinions, the spirit of a forum is lost.

I happen to agree with agersea.

HH, Jim

its just that we have been over this subject time and time again. this isnt the first post that angersea has protested about nahabit. im not saying he doesnt have the right to comment, im just saying that now that we know his/her stand on the subject, there is no need to continue dredging it up. if it really deeply offends you, then why look?

ThePete said:
It is good to read the posts of those who are in disagreement with certain posts. This gives a more well rounded view of the subject.

i dont disaree with that. its just that at what point does posting your opinion become attacking? the second, third, fourth....again, if you have already stated your position on the matter, why post it again after things have settled back down? it makes me think about his/her motives.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions