Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone,

I'm in Naples for a bit, and was wondering if anyone has any locations that they like. I've tried a few places and have had a little bit of luck. Still learning the beach detecting thing (I'm from MN). I'm usually detecting in the evening when the tide is lower, and focus my detecting near the current water line.

I'm using the Deus II and have been really impressed with it. Once you figure out how to stabilize it in the given situation, it's pretty awesome.

Side question: with the Deus II, should I be using "Diving" mode when I'm in just a foot of water?

Naples Pier -- Just some coins and bottle caps.
Vanderbilt Beach -- Nothing but iron scrap
Lowdermilk Park -- Best of the three so far. LOTS of pennies.

I get the feeling these beaches are dumped with new sand by the city/state. The clay seems to be wayyyyyy far down.

Are there any old beaches in the area or other places you like?

Upvote 3

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone,

I'm in Naples for a bit, and was wondering if anyone has any locations that they like. I've tried a few places and have had a little bit of luck. Still learning the beach detecting thing (I'm from MN). I'm usually detecting in the evening when the tide is lower, and focus my detecting near the current water line.

I'm using the Deus II and have been really impressed with it. Once you figure out how to stabilize it in the given situation, it's pretty awesome.

Side question: with the Deus II, should I be using "Diving" mode when I'm in just a foot of water?

I get the feeling these beaches are dumped with new sand by the city/state. The clay seems to be wayyyyyy far down.

Check out Clam Pass…
Gear up and take the little shuttle to the beach, I’ve never hunted there without finding some bling

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone,

Just to be clear,is this Naples,Florida or Naples,Italy? Makes a difference you know? Never been to either.

OP
OP
C

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone,

Never detected the beach where the pier was rebuilt/replaced after hurricane Donna destroyed it.
Did visit the site long ago.
Bet that storm drove the beach sand quite a ways inland in places.
Farther than the beach where stuff from deeper probably ended up , partly . And higher than where detecting more commonly would likely occur?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread