Nashville Metal Detecting

dougolf2

Apr 27, 2019
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've noticed the laws surrounding metal detecting seem to be pretty tight in Tennessee. Does anyone know of any legal places to metal detect within 2 hours of Nashville? I'm not asking you to give up any of your honey hole locations, but a decent place to detect.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
You might consider posting a request on Forum: Tennessee...

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I've noticed the laws surrounding metal detecting seem to be pretty tight in Tennessee. Does anyone know of any legal places to metal detect within 2 hours of Nashville? I'm not asking you to give up any of your honey hole locations, but a decent place to detect.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
With all due respect to vpnavy nearly all of the state forums are pretty dead. You can post there if you wish but it might be 2 years before you get a response... I'm in the North East corner not far from Johnson city. There is a local group over this way but that's probably too far for you to travel. Hit up coilygirl. She's in Nashville. Says you're in Illinois. Have you moved to Tennessee or just passing through ?

OP
OP
D

dougolf2

Apr 27, 2019
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NHBandit - You're exactly right about the state forums, which is why I selected the General Discussion forum. Yes, I live in Illinois. I'm headed to Nashville for a conference, and should have some extra time to kill. Thanks for your response and suggestion.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Doug I hope you got my response and I hope you got to Nashville and found a place to go detecting.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
focus on the west side of town. Just ask for permission by home owners. I do not know the rule of old schools and parks but I would start there. Nashville was fortified with earth works all across the south and west side of town . Work your way toward Franklin. You might run into Hank Jr detecting down there. Do some old map reseach and try to find some old school sites.

Sep 30, 2019
Franklin TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Franklin, TN. Unfortunately the best thing to do is knock on doors and ask permission. Most of the parks from Nashville to Spring Hill are historic sites with around the clock county employees that will ask you to leave if there nice. Let me know if you find a place and I would like to meet up with you.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Johnny Cash and Hank Williams Jr were civil war relic hunters with metal detectors

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread