National Park Rangers say thousands of glass shards placed on Michigan beach

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
https://www.foxnews.com/travel/nati...laced-on-michigan-beach-with-malicious-intent

By Alexandra Deabler | Fox News

Sleeping-Bear-Dunes-Glass.jpg

National Park Rangers are searching for those responsible of spreading thousands of shards of broken glass across Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in Leelanau County, Mich., on Tuesday.

Park Ranger Andy Blake said freshly broken pieces of glass between a half-inch and two inches were found spread up and down the Lake Michigan beach, near the Good Harbor picnic area, according to the NPS website.

“I am outraged by this act that is clearly intended to injure visitors to the National Lakeshore,” Blake said to WILX. “Thousands of pieces of broken glass do not appear on the beach without malicious intent. I hope our visitors and the local community can help identify the person or persons who would deliberately harm our beachgoers, including children.”

The glass was picked up by park staff and volunteers who combed the beach trying to retrieve as much of the shards as possible to prevent visitors from getting hurt.

The incident is currently being investigated.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detected a knife with a blade about 6" long in the sand on a Delaware beach a few years ago. The blade was sticking straight up in the air. That doesn't happen naturally.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great, hope they catch them. No excuse for being that useless.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread