🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Native American Artifacts?

NEPASpirit

Feb 16, 2022
Hey I'm wondering if anyone can possibly identify these as something. I'm hopeful that they are some sort of Native American artifact. They were found along the banks of the Susquehanna river
Native2.jpg
Native3.jpg

Attachments

• Native1.jpg
    Native1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, natural erosion....

Upvote 1

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look possibly like they could be mineral covered metal pieces. But not Native American.

Upvote 0

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Hey I'm wondering if anyone can possibly identify these as something. I'm hopeful that they are some sort of Native American artifact. They were found along the banks of the Susquehanna river View attachment 2010693 View attachment 2010694
They look nice, but like the others said water erosion. It can make some pretty cool shapes and keepers at times though.
I found this, which I call the foot and we use as a door stopper, in an old deep lead mine, ancient river lead, gravel heap.
IMG_20220217_214225_234~2.jpg

Upvote 4

dozer dan

Jan 14, 2008
PNW
Primary Interest:
Other
SUSQUEHANNA HAT COMPANY? Slowly I turned… step by step… inch by inch…

sorry. Sometimes these things just come over me. 😔 DD.

Attachments

• 5A1AA354-81DE-48A1-84D7-8AA1E662C3FC.jpeg
    5A1AA354-81DE-48A1-84D7-8AA1E662C3FC.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 32
Upvote 2

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
SUSQUEHANNA HAT COMPANY

sorry. Sometimes these things just come over me. 😔 DD.
Hats have a habit of doing that!

Actually the OPs finds could be used as an iron for clothes. Top one has a handle section and flat base. The other is where you put your clothes to iron them. Put the top one, health and safety first, flat section in some hot coals then after several minutes comence ironing! The small hollow on the iron board (rock) is for putting a little water in to steam iron if you wish.

Ok, I'll leave now...😒

Upvote 1
OP
OP
N

NEPASpirit

Feb 16, 2022
Hats have a habit of doing that!

Actually the OPs finds could be used as an iron for clothes. Top one has a handle section and flat base. The other is where you put your clothes to iron them. Put the top one, health and safety first, flat section in some hot coals then after several minutes comence ironing! The small hollow on the iron board (rock) is for putting a little water in to steam iron if you wish.

Ok, I'll leave now...😒
I'll trade you my iron and 2 matches for your foot. You have to find your own steam board. I've been grinding pepper corns 1 at a time in that thing and I love it! I just can't part with it.

Upvote 2

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
I'll trade you my iron and 2 matches for your foot. You have to find your own steam board. I've been grinding pepper corns 1 at a time in that thing and I love it! I just can't part with it.
🤔.......mmmmmm....yeah....nah. Iv grown attached to my foot, well not literally cos that'd make walking a bit difficult.
But jokes aside, if I found that we'd keep it and call it the iron for sure. I like unusual things from nature.
Here's a few things we kept.
This I call the chicken foot, I accidentally hit it on the side digging it out of some clay and broke the edge off of it. Was disappointed in that but still like it.
IMG_20220219_101555_254~2.jpg

The jury is out on this one. My misses found it yrs ago when we lived elsewhere in the bush. There was an old Aboriginal friend we had there and sometimes when he'd take his dog for a walk in the bush my misses would go too. She spotted this and as far as he was concerned it was a pounding stone. Used to crush something. It hasn't had a lot of use he said and why the sides are not smoothed from handling it a lot. But someone else I showed, supposed to be an expert but non Aboriginal, said it was just from nature. I told our old mate Alex and he said the guy had no idea, he had looked for side wear which it didn't have because it hadn't been used enough to create any. I like to think Alex was right. Not confirmed but we take it as such.
IMG_20220219_103524_014~2.jpg

Misses wanted to have something looking natural as she could so found a bit of wood with a small hollow, found an abandoned bird nest and this is it.
IMG_20220219_103234_536~2.jpg

Dont know why, maybe a bit abstract but we call it the hedgehog!
IMG_20220219_103754_773~2.jpg

Some cool things in nature I reckon, much better than man made stuff 👍😀

Upvote 2

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have actually wondered the outback a bit.... I can tell you from experience artifacts LITTER the landscape.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread