Plug N Play

Bronze Member
Aug 23, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
De Havilland Canada DHC-7-102 Dash 7 - Fugro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These look good, to me, mojjax. In general, celts ... but the smaller one has a curved bit which could suggest it was being used as an adze.

Don't usually try to ascertain authenticity through pictures alone, but there is plenty going on with these that makes me think they are the real deal.

That longer one ... does it have that flat edge on both edges, or only the one ? Also, if it's no trouble, would like to see the rounded tip on that one ... looking for use wear. This may be a celt, but, it could also be a multi-use tool.

Upvote 0

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These look good, to me, mojjax. In general, celts ... but the smaller one has a curved bit which could suggest it was being used as an adze.

Don't usually try to ascertain authenticity through pictures alone, but there is plenty going on with these that makes me think they are the real deal.

That longer one ... does it have that flat edge on both edges, or only the one ? Also, if it's no trouble, would like to see the rounded tip on that one ... looking for use wear. This may be a celt, but, it could also be a multi-use tool.

Agreed. I have zero doubt that they are legit. Nobody is reproducing these.

Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
nice score, i would love to find those in a field.

Upvote 0

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since you're in Maine those might be made by a culture called the Maritime Archaic. The Maritime Archaic people are the ones credited with discovering how to peck and polish hardstone into artifacts. The made lots of hardstone woodworking tools. Gary

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I bought them , the man , probably in his late 60's , said his Mother found them on Louds Island back in the 1950's . Northeast end of the island .

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread