Natural or Man Made?

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
A road has been cleared on the property.
The limestone-pavement could have been exposed then.

attachment.php

Attachments

• F2367251-909B-407D-8527-99C773D61D64.jpeg
    F2367251-909B-407D-8527-99C773D61D64.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 116

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Well, it’s a guess.
But it makes sense based on everything that’s been posted.
I think that it’s a tributary of Hardwick’s Creek which looks to be unnamed.
Across from Creech Road.

I have been wrong before.
I say it’s here:
attachment.php

How old would you say Hardwick’s Creek Road is?

One of the app 35 TN members who viewed this map yesterday is, I am guessing, responsible for taking down the survey that was originally posted with it, on the same site where I found them. It’s either a remarkable coincidence, or this should be the location.

Not a smart move but hopefully appreciated.
I could just as easily have posted that survey with its names.

Let us know!

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, according to the description from the OP the property should be somewhere on the Northern county line of Powell not the Southern County line... have at it though.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Well, according to the description from the OP the property should be somewhere on the Northern county line of Powell not the Southern County line... have at it though.

We are allowed to guess.
It’s motivating, and fun!

Are you leaning towards the Black Forest?

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are allowed to guess.
It?s motivating, and fun!

Are you leaning towards the Black Forest?

Not at all, I live in KY and it looks like KY to me. I don't doubt it is a natural occurring formation...but I doubt seriously that there is anything of significance under the tree. The photos could be years old or just weeks...maybe I am not as curious as others? If/when EC Mason decides to check it out with or without me or someone else, it may take some time to align himself with that photo, especially if the pictures have any age to them. Funny thing about KY landscapes, they change quickly due to under brush growth, fires and rising waters on occasion.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Not at all, I live in KY and it looks like KY to me. I don't doubt it is a natural occurring formation...but I doubt seriously that there is anything of significance under the tree. The photos could be years old or just weeks...maybe I am not as curious as others? If/when EC Mason decides to check it out with or without me or someone else, it may take some time to align himself with that photo, especially if the pictures have any age to them. Funny thing about KY landscapes, they change quickly due to under brush growth, fires and rising waters on occasion.

It honestly looks much like Sussex Country, NJ.
Minus arches.
Kentucky must be a beautiful place to notice changes.

Yes, the road is a great example of limestone-pavement worthy of a good photographer.
As far as the cache of Kentucky trash, it doesn’t have to be anything of significance.
Just going for a look should be enough.

But it could be something of significance.
Funny if it is.

Last edited:

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a 20min drive Eastward on the Mountain Pkwy on your map (near the Slade Interchange) is the Red River Gorge area. Probably the most beautiful topography of KY I can think of...A simple internet (google, duck duck go, ect.) picture search of Red River Gorge, KY should bring up 100s of photos of the area and it's beauty.

OP
OP
EC.Mason

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What survey are you talking about? No I’m not responsible for anything, I don’t care if anyone knows where it is at lol.

OP
OP
EC.Mason

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again I think people forget I DONT care if the whole world knows where it is at. It is on the Powell/Montgomery County line as you go through Clay City. I will literally take or get anyone permission to go see it. No conspiracy . Hope you go and find a billion dollars under that tree.

OP
OP
EC.Mason

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiker yeah man throw me out a few days your free and I’ll meet you so where in Powell and we will go see it. I’ve got some homes to show in that area next week and if your interested in seeing it I’ll make time to go. Don’t mind making time to show someone just don’t care enough to go alone lol

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hiker yeah man throw me out a few days your free and I’ll meet you so where in Powell and we will go see it. I’ve got some homes to show in that area next week and if your interested in seeing it I’ll make time to go. Don’t mind making time to show someone just don’t care enough to go alone lol

I say that people are the same everywhere and 2% of you is curious about that old box and any other trash that may have found it’s way under that tree.

Do the landowners know that you are going and why?
They may want to join you.

Inviting KY Hiker was smart.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I work week days, off on weekends...limited with having only one vehicle...I am still looking for a replacement 2nd vehicle to replace my FWD that was totaled last Summer. Stay tuned, I'll PM you when I find a truck and can take a day to get down there.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I work week days, off on weekends...limited with having only one vehicle...I am still looking for a replacement 2nd vehicle to replace my FWD that was totaled last Summer. Stay tuned, I'll PM you when I find a truck and can take a day to get down there.

Its going to be a fun adventure and from what I’ve read on TN, you will make an excellent companion. Hopefully you film the site as you approach it, preserving things as they are found.

EC. Mason has repeated himself quite a few times here, how he doesn’t care about that cache of trash. That’s textbook psychology, bless his little heart. If he actually believed that, there is no reason not to share the location and or to inform the landowner, expect for that nagging 2%.

Get yourself a decent ride and enjoy the hunt.

Safe travels!

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
attachment.php

A better sketch of what could be a ceramic pot.
I haven’t been able to match its ribbed pattern except on a Cherokee pot that was painted (red/white stripes).

Attachments

• 1BFC9F7A-FB82-41FB-8455-72ABC6CE9DB9.jpeg
    1BFC9F7A-FB82-41FB-8455-72ABC6CE9DB9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 132
OP
OP
EC.Mason

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No bless your little heart for thinking I give a crap lol. Look dude I shared pictures because thats what we do on here. If I thought there was a treasure there I sure would not post them and tell the location. What is your deal with me? And no I did not tell the landowner I think there is a treasure under that tree for two reasons. First there is no treasure. Thats just silly. I have not given your theory a second thought about treasure under the tree. Second, I dont want them to think im a nut job. If I cared do you not think I would have checked it out? lol. I gave you the frigging location go check it yourself and stop accusing me of crazy nonsense.

Its going to be a fun adventure and from what I’ve read on TN, you will make an excellent companion. Hopefully you film the site as you approach it, preserving things as they are found.

EC. Mason has repeated himself quite a few times here, how he doesn’t care about that cache of trash. That’s textbook psychology, bless his little heart. If he actually believed that, there is no reason not to share the location and or to inform the landowner, expect for that nagging 2%.

Get yourself a decent ride and enjoy the hunt.

Safe travels!

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
No bless your little heart for thinking I give a crap lol. Look dude I shared pictures because thats what we do on here. If I thought there was a treasure there I sure would not post them and tell the location. What is your deal with me? And no I did not tell the landowner I think there is a treasure under that tree for two reasons. First there is no treasure. Thats just silly. I have not given your theory a second thought about treasure under the tree. Second, I dont want them to think im a nut job. If I cared do you not think I would have checked it out? lol. I gave you the frigging location go check it yourself and stop accusing me of crazy nonsense.

Its not clear if you are planning to go or not. Why would you?
But someone should.
I am not sure it’s you.

Message me the landlords email, I’ll risk the embarrassment. It doesn’t make sense that they would consider you anything other than a friend for telling them about something unusual under their sycamore. Even if it’s just a reciprocating saw and an old bucket, it’s not typical. Atypical things are sometimes worth a short walk from the road.

I don’t have a theory to think about, just enlarged pictures of something that you missed under an old tree growing on limestone-pavement.

You take yourself too seriously.

OP
OP
EC.Mason

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jesus tap dancing Christ. No you take fairytales too seriously. No its not me because I dont care lol. Go little man go! Its all yours. The treasure under the tree is yours! Go get it!!!! Dude there is no treasure there. Now unless your gonna be an intellegent man dont mention my name again. Again I will happily take you to your magic tree for the treasure lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread