Naturallly Occuring Formation OR Manmade Treasure Marker/Sign?

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's some in New Mexico that can be seen from a great distance. Treasure carvings/ Nope - they're natural. Nature forms unusual stuff all over the globe.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CDS- I have to put it into Paint and have a closer look. Thanks for sharing it.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, but keep in mind that I am not nearly as smart as you are at this! :notworthy:

Are there drill holes on the bigger rock?
Do you think they carved a W?
Does the big rock point to anything?

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the kind words, however I'm not that smart. :laughing7:
I honestly was just taking pics walking through,
but have not looked closely at it, or around the
area. May be drill holes, but not sure. I just
thought someone else may have an idea,
& see something. Looks other than of a
natural formation & weathering to me.

Last edited:

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind words, however I'm not that smart. :laughing7:
I honestly was just taking pics walking through,
but have not looked closely at it, or around the
area. May be drill holes, but not sure. I just
thought someone else may have an idea,
& see something. Looks other than of a
natural formation & weathering to me.
Yes, it could simply be a natural formation. Is there anything else in the area that's suspicious/not natural? I try to find something that verifies to me that it's not natural..like drill holes, carvings, images in lichen, shapes, pieces of metal in the middle of nowhere, an owl tree, something there that's not natural/not belonging in the area, and/or other signs and symbols nearby to keep things in context. If nothing, then I assume it's just a natural formation. It's hard with the carvings and lichen images though because if not found and photographed at just the right time...it could look like business as usual. However, my experience is only on the east coast, and things may be different in other areas, like the pics that Sandy1 shares...we don't have those types of mountain scapes here...our mountains are usually covered with trees.

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, it could simply be a natural formation. Is there anything else in the area that's suspicious/not natural? I try to find something that verifies to me that it's not natural..like drill holes, carvings, images in lichen, shapes, pieces of metal in the middle of nowhere, an owl tree, something there that's not natural/not belonging in the area, and/or other signs and symbols nearby to keep things in context. If nothing, then I assume it's just a natural formation. It's hard with the carvings and lichen images though because if not found and photographed at just the right time...it could look like business as usual. However, my experience is only on the east coast, and things may be different in other areas, like the pics that Sandy1 shares...we don't have those types of mountain scapes here...our mountains are usually covered with trees.

It would be unusual, for this to have just happened naturally I think.
You're right, I'll look around, & see if pics of anything else looks unnatural.
Maybe I can find something else interesting & post it. Yes, sandy1 does have
some of the best marker pics. Thanks for your response & comments. :thumbsup:

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok ancient_ghost,
Was jus askin' ye a fair question... :laughing7:

Any comment on the topic, or have an ancient ghostly pic to post? :tongue3:

I do have some pics from a site I'm working in colorado, however the treasure is not fully recovered as of this posting, but I can tell you I have a tree map left by the Spanish and a 1000 foot tall owl monument--other symbols are present in the area.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have some pics from a site I'm working in colorado, however the treasure is not fully recovered as of this posting, but I can tell you I have a tree map left by the Spanish and a 1000 foot tall owl monument--other symbols are present in the area.
What is a tree map? Do you have any pics you can share with us?

nmth

Oct 11, 2012
NM/AZ
Detector(s) used
V3(i), ATX, uMax, Gold Bug, TM808, Custom
Here's some in New Mexico that can be seen from a great distance. Treasure carvings/ Nope - they're natural. Nature forms unusual stuff all over the globe.

View attachment 1477111

View attachment 1477112

View attachment 1477113

View attachment 1477114

Looks like Bisti bandlands stuff. Navajo zone.

The second from the last looks like it could be from the window rock description of the Canyon Largo bandit loot cache story.

Oldtimer friend made it there back in the day, but just a little too late. Got a beep at the specified site! Dug down and.... something was left in the hole that said "gone", more or less, and what was left behind was new on the market - so he maybe missed it by days or weeks, after years of study, travel, and effort.

I figure nobody made huge monument stuff (why not just mine more metal with all that effort?), BUT natural oddities were definitely used as-is as landmarks.

As for Crosse's rocks: can't make out enough to have much of an opinion. Boring rocks in the right setting mean a lot, but exciting rocks in a cluttered setting mean little I think.

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting pic. What have you made out of the tree,
& how old do you think it is?

not really sure how old the tree is to be honest--but the tree gives a lot of information at this spot--its giving you a length of distance to travel--telling you which way to travel, and when you have traveled the approximate distance you will find the owl. I have heard a lot of interprations on how you should handle it, one being that you need to look which way the owl is looking, others I have heard is that it is marking an entrance to a treasure room in immediate area, I am going back next week to confirm this. I have been working this story for 4 years now. I just hope no one has beat me to it

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
QUOTE=miboje;5483285]What is a tree map? Do you have any pics you can share with us?[/QUOTE]

IMG_0098[1].PNG [

down below on this tree there is a knife, gun and line of direction to follow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread