🥇 BANNER NC Civil War Officer buckle - My best find EVER!!!!

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what an amazing piece of history, congrats

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome buckle

luke_00

Jun 15, 2015
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't mind me asking what part of North Carolina did you find this magnificent find at.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THERE IS A MAN NAME MINER WHO DIGS FOR FINDS IN N CAROLINA . WHO FOUND A BUCKLE THAT MADE HIM CHUCKLE AND NOW IT MAYBE A BANNER FIND. DANG MY GOD THAT BUCKLE AWESOME AND POCKET WATCH SAYS IT WAS 10 AFTER ONE WHEN IT STOPPED RUNNING WONDER WHO MIGHT HAVE DROPPED IT. GOT SOME GOOD ONES SIR.

corpsman

Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Had: Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Bandito 2 uMax, Tesoro Bandito 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow! congrats! I would be jumping for joy!

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After seeing the back - unfortunately this is not a period buckle. Buckles of this type were brass stamped and filled with lead. There are variants but typically the back will have two attachment points for the belt and 1 to buckle, all brass and imbedded in the lead. This type of connection is common in modern cowboy buckles but not period buckles. I think you have a super sweet repro/representation from around the centennial in the 60s. Super sweet buckle!

sorry but you are wrong . it's very easy to search this buckle on the net and they were cast.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THERE IS A MAN NAME MINER WHO DIGS FOR FINDS IN N CAROLINA . WHO FOUND A BUCKLE THAT MADE HIM CHUCKLE AND NOW IT MAYBE A BANNER FIND. DANG MY GOD THAT BUCKLE AWESOME AND POCKET WATCH SAYS IT WAS 10 AFTER ONE WHEN IT STOPPED RUNNING WONDER WHO MIGHT HAVE DROPPED IT. GOT SOME GOOD ONES SIR.
Yep, that's me. I've been away for some years. Still in NC, but over in the mountains now. I miss my old stomping grounds around Raleigh. I still remember the day I dug that NC buckle. Still my best find ever.

moonrock

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2022
Thats Amazing. I would find a local auction that can deal with collectors and maybe find an appraiser. Or just the appraiser for finding the value.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leave it in a safe deposit box...
Unfortunately, I sold it many years ago to help pay for my kids tuition at a Catholic high school. At the time it seems like the right thing to do. Fast forward to today, I don't need the money and wish I had it back. Although if gas prices continue we may all be out there detecting playgrounds for loose change. LOL.
I never could find the other half of that NC buckle. I'm thinking an early 1900's house may have been built on it?
Thanks for the replies.
-MM-

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING FIND for SURE !! CONGRATS !!1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread