Need a few helpers!!

Aug 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

How would you like to be involved in something very large? This is not some fairy tale but the real deal! For the last 10 years plus, I have been following a treasure trail for over 2 mile in the mountains. It started with a simple marked boulder & progressed to hidden trail markers. I have followed triangles, owls, changed of direction signs & hidden pointers. I have decoded many signs & symbols & when a sign says go East 200 vara & look under flat rock and I go to that spot find a flat rock turn it over & there is another sign on it, then I know I am right. My direction & measurements are by lazer & data scopes. I have invested over $200,000 in my journey, so this is not your normal treasure. The very last measurement was after finding a hidden owl which had a coded message. This took me to a message carved on a rock seen only between 11am & 1 pm. This one said Treasure room is 5 vara west. So I feel I am within 13 ft 9 inches or 41 feet 3 inches if it is double last measurement. However a message on the owl said 8 vara deep. ( thats 22 feet & the exact same depth of the Josephine shaft). Well to dig that much, it is to much for 1 person & I am the only one following this map. The area is rugged & not for everyone & only serious minded people need to apply.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, kinda hard to offer help if we don't know which of the 50 states you are in or if its even in the USA and not another country. Not asking for exact location but how about a hint, at least the state or something you would like help in.

OP
OP
T
Aug 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in either Virginia, West Va or Maryland & the site is in either New Mexico, Arizona or Utah. Does that help a little bit. Like I said this is huge so must stay seceritive until farther contact. There are only 3 people in USA that knows about this. Myself, my wife and son. But age and health means I have to open up some or this will be lost.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
TH88

More interesting questions, if I may. Is your site on public or private land, and do you have a lease/contract agreement with the owner of the location?

Oddrock

OP
OP
T
Aug 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 40 acre FEDERAL mining claim. So this should tell you something.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
I have a 40 acre FEDERAL mining claim. So this should tell you something.

It tells me only that the site is not on State Land, but then it gets a bit vague.

A Lode Mining Claim is 60 ft x 1500 ft/43560 sq ft/acre = 20.66 acres. Maybe you meant to say, "Two Lode Claims" and were just estimating their size, which would actually be 41.32 acres for two, not one, claim?

Or, maybe you're referring to a Placer Mining Claim, which is 20 acres for one claimant. A 40 acre claim is an Association Placer Claim and requires two signatures on the location papers.

The land the claim(s) sits on may be either public or private land, depending on the status of its mineral rights. If federal land, it has to be "open to mineral discovery" - much federal land isn't. If on private land, the feds may still own the mineral rights, which can be claimed by anyone. Then the claimant would have to come to an agreement with the landowner to exploit the minerals.

Lots of possibilities, but based on your above statement, I would guess you have two Lode Claims located on Forest or BLM land in some western state. This implies that you have located a valuable mineral deposit which you intend to exploit according to current regulations.

However, from your first post on August 6, it seems as if you're describing some sort of cache, which means you would need a Treasure Trove Claim, not a Mining Claim. If you have located a cache, you're in a completely different ballgame legally with your recovery - this can be much more difficult than mining minerals in place (Mining Claim).

Last edited:
OP
OP
T
Aug 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just read your responce and figured a reply was needed.
Years ago I had 160 acre placer claim through an association, there were 8 of us and it was on State Trust land. Once we found out we had to cross over to Federal Land, we left it expire, a few members dropped out until there was just 2. Once I knew where the mine was with in couple hundred feet, we filed a Federal Claim, Just 2 of us & it was for 40 acreas. This was just to keep others from digging here.We don't own the property, anyone can walk through it, but digging or even picking up a rock is forbidden. We are not allowed any tools more then hand tools and we follow all regulations and have made more improvements then required. Now about your Treasure permit. You are right, we only have mineral rights, so the government owns everything else. I did check in to this Treasure trove permit. It is a big joke. You have to include a very large non refundable deposit with the application & give exact location. So then the government sends someone to inspect the area. I used to work for NASA so I have contacts. What happens is,GPR equipment is used at the location. If something is there, they keep your deposit and decline the app. & send in their people to dig it out. If nothing is there, well they give you the permit , but you still loose the fee. If this is still a mine rich in gold, the treasure buried there they can have. All by the way, yes a Shine was located about 150 vara away.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Just read your responce and figured a reply was needed.
Years ago I had 160 acre placer claim through an association, there were 8 of us and it was on State Trust land. Once we found out we had to cross over to Federal Land, we left it expire, a few members dropped out until there was just 2. Once I knew where the mine was with in couple hundred feet, we filed a Federal Claim, Just 2 of us & it was for 40 acreas. This was just to keep others from digging here.We don't own the property, anyone can walk through it, but digging or even picking up a rock is forbidden. We are not allowed any tools more then hand tools and we follow all regulations and have made more improvements then required. Now about your Treasure permit. You are right, we only have mineral rights, so the government owns everything else. I did check in to this Treasure trove permit. It is a big joke. You have to include a very large non refundable deposit with the application & give exact location. So then the government sends someone to inspect the area. I used to work for NASA so I have contacts. What happens is,GPR equipment is used at the location. If something is there, they keep your deposit and decline the app. & send in their people to dig it out. If nothing is there, well they give you the permit , but you still loose the fee. If this is still a mine rich in gold, the treasure buried there they can have. All by the way, yes a Shine was located about 150 vara away.

So you still have a 40-acre Association Placer Claim. This allows you to remove, essentially, only surface minerals - not minerals still in place. Generally, you can pan, trench, dredge, etc., but no lode mining. In your case, it sounds like you've got further surface restrictions. You already know the deck is stacked against you with a treasure trove permit, so you apparently are banking on a valuable lode deposit existing in your area. If so, you'll need a lode claim to proceed.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
TH88

Thanks for the reply. With Springfield's info being pretty correct, about all I can do is wish you luck,........I think you are pretty much hamstrung by gov regulations and of course that is their purpose. To open an old Spanish/? mine with hand tools you probably need as many slaves as they had to seal it. I feel your frustration, beware claim jumpers still exist.

Oddrock

Stone Decipher

Greenie
Sep 1, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Magnetometer, Whites Metal Detector,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to help but am flying soon, will be where Mekong Mike washes his clothes,,,,,i take it , with what experience I have had, your hunt, and it is the thrill of the chase,, has a beginning and an end ,,,the only thing about treasure signs are did you find the one in the middle first,,,and kept going forward???Or did you find the very first sign one is supposed to find in the beginning and then the second and third???/ would be nice if it was the first second then third,,,but you have to find them all from a per-rim-iter circle search!!!! mine was 8 miles premiter. 156 miles long from starting point to mining site and double back. then figure out 1st,,,2nd,,,third so on,,,, but before that research,,,estimate time of construction,,,if pos,,Vara's then Spanish,, then if small stones are used,,,,1 to 3 guys,,,constructed it,,,,if vary large stones,,, it was Spanish Military,,,mean big find,,, area next to what,,,old stagecoach rd.??? they didn't use stage coaches but if by populated routs someone before you may have found same-same before you,,,,I don't mean to pop your bubble but it took me 25 years to decipher mine only to see two helicopters land painted in OD Green,,,,I swore I wouldn't do another one,,,pinkie sware I mean,,,,you know how that goes.. EL-Mucho-Lucko,,,,buck-O.......You will have fun though!!!!!!!!!!!! Haven't seen your signs ,,,not my business but if you want I can put in pictures old Spanish Signs and symbols for you to compare and double check your's with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread