Need a very good metal detector for deeply buried treasure!

Digdeeper2

Greenie
Apr 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for the best known metal detector that can go as deep as 20 feet (7m). The size of the object is 2 feet wide and 5 feet long. What do you recommend? I'm happy to get some help to build a custom made metal detector and will pay anyone who's Interested to participate finding this treasure once it's discovered.
Cheers.
Sam

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for the best known metal detector that can go as deep as 20 feet (7m). The size of the object is 2 feet wide and 5 feet long. What do you recommend? I'm happy to get some help to build a custom made metal detector and will pay anyone who's Interested to participate finding this treasure once it's discovered.
Cheers.
Sam
Where are you located?

OP
OP
D

Digdeeper2

Greenie
Apr 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use ground penetrating radar (GRP).
Don.
Ive read about GPRs. Looks like they're good at finding cavities. The treasure I'm talking about worths $100m to $150m. I don't have much time or energy to waste on different MDs. Need something that really works and happy to custom build one if needed.
Use ground penetrating radar (GRP).
Don.....

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You may wish to keep reading about GPR.
Not only does it find cavities, here are a couple of additional values to GPR:
  1. It detects metal and non-metal objects, as well as voids and underground irregularities.
  2. It makes it possible to measure the dimensions, depth and thickness of targets.
Don....

OP
OP
D

Digdeeper2

Greenie
Apr 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tha
You may wish to keep reading about GPR.
Not only does it find cavities, here are a couple of additional values to GPR:
  1. It detects metal and non-metal objects, as well as voids and underground irregularities.
  2. It makes it possible to measure the dimensions, depth and thickness of targets.
Don....
Thanks. I've checked few models. They're quite expensive. If I had that much money I'd definitely buy one to find this treasure but my budget is around $4K.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for the best known metal detector that can go as deep as 20 feet

but my budget is around $4K.
and here lies the problem .If your gonna make one hundred million bucks why limit your machines cost? after all you'll be richer than rich when you dig up all that treasure. maybe you can slide someone a few million to bring there machine to your site. Good luck .

OP
OP
D

Digdeeper2

Greenie
Apr 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and here lies the problem .If your gonna make one hundred million bucks why limit your machines cost? after all you'll be richer than rich when you dig up all that treasure. maybe you can slide someone a few million to bring there machine to your site. Good luck .
Yes, that's correct but there are many challenges. Most gprs need a flat surface to operate. This treasure is hidden in mountain area which is covered by a lot of rocks and hard to operate anything on the ground. Metal Detectors are much easier to operate in these conditions. Of course I will pay anyone that can help me find this. I've already narrowed down the search are to 1000 sq feet. Still a very large area to scan.

Sandy1devotee369

Feb 10, 2022
Yes, that's correct but there are many challenges. Most gprs need a flat surface to operate. This treasure is hidden in mountain area which is covered by a lot of rocks and hard to operate anything on the ground. Metal Detectors are much easier to operate in these conditions. Of course I will pay anyone that can help me find this. I've already narrowed down the search are to 1000 sq feet. Still a very large area to

Yes, that's correct but there are many challenges. Most gprs need a flat surface to operate. This treasure is hidden in mountain area which is covered by a lot of rocks and hard to operate anything on the ground. Metal Detectors are much easier to operate in these conditions. Of course I will pay anyone that can help me find this. I've already narrowed down the search are to 1000 sq feet. Still a very large area to scan.
I recently found myself in that exact situation. Was just about to rent gpr at close to $1000 per day for all of the different antennas and accessories and insurance as well, when I realized it would have been a stupid move. The site is in(under)near a waterway with lots of different sized rocks down the side of a mountain and I knew because of that, I would not get the expected results that you would if over flat land. I could most likely narrow it down to a 100 sqft or less area. But I myself would not feel like I was any closer to it. As I think it is a lot easier to pinpoint these spots than it is to actually get in and then out of these vaults in one piece. I have not come across a site yet, that does not contain a death trap. Fortunately I am really good at seeing the many warnings posted (in plain sight, to me) not others.

Sandy1devotee369

Feb 10, 2022
Hi everyone,
Cheers.
Sam

Hi everyone,
Cheers.
Sam
I believe I know of two. One of them, I have previously owned. It's the Detech ssp 5100 with the 2 meter coil. (which requires 2 persons to carry the coil) I also had the 1 meter coil and 18" as well. This set, set me back a little over $2700. I believe with the size of the deposit you are expecting, that this machine would be effective at even greater depths. Especially if it had been there for a long time, as the amount of time has a lot to do with the way the signal detects it.

Sandy1devotee369

Feb 10, 2022
I believe I know of two. One of them, I have previously owned. It's the Detech ssp 5100 with the 2 meter coil. (which requires 2 persons to carry the coil) I also had the 1 meter coil and 18" as well. This set, set me back a little over $2700. I believe with the size of the deposit you are expecting, that this machine would be effective at even greater depths. Especially if it had been there for a long time, as the amount of time has a lot to do with the way the signal detects it.
The detech ssp 5100 is a pulse induction detector. Not VLF. It works great in areas of highly mineralized ground and hot rocks. I was a little leery of spending so much on a detector from a relatively new company from Turkey. And I was not expecting to get any, if at all, customer service or hints from other known users. As there is not many owners of this machine.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Miner 4 PI detector with 2m x 2m coil can do 8m. It's an old German design from around the year 2000. I have a DBP2010 which can do 4m with 1m x 1m coil, but i have never tried it with a larger coil, i am not sure it have enough energy to power 2m x 2m coil, but i can try, if you want me to. Both are DIY desings and cost around 300-500 EUR to be built. Try to find out how deep is Golden mask's deep seeking PI if it can do anything larger than 1m x 1m coil. It's a 1000 EUR machine, for anything deeper you are looking at 5000 to 10.000 EUR price tags.
There are also various versions of XR71 which is very deep also, but i do not know how deep would it go with a large coil, try to google New Hobby store the assemled board is available as NH173 for 75USD.

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about a White's 2 coil TM 808 will even find mine shafts and underground openings . They used to sell for around 800 or 900 I have one that was re calibrated 2 or 3 years ago it is like new

elkguy

Feb 7, 2014
ca
Detector(s) used
minelab equ 800
fisher gold
monster
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What’s a good brand name gpr?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread