cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First you'll have to define "affordable". Then you'll need to describe in detail what kind of detecting you plan on doing.

OP
OP
SearchingTudor

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
I'd say under $500 is affordable and any type of detecting. I would like a Jack of all trades type of detector. Maybe one that can detect precious metals with some accuracy.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like your experienced. My advice would be to start researching the detectors in your price range. Most guys have a brand preference and some guys knock other brands. Each one seems to have a good point over another brand. I pretty much asked the same question as you about a month ago and picked out what i felt comfy with. I must say i am happy with my pick as well. I would also watch all videos and comparisons of one brand against another. One thing about some of the videos is they compare a $1000 to $1500 detector against a $500 - $600 detector. As one guy on here said they are all good detectors just some have more bells and whistles

Bill - De

Dec 22, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Cibola
CZ-20, Sea Hunter II, Simplex,
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will you be doing any water hunts (fresh or salt)? Will you be hunting in the rain? If coins and jewelry are your main targets, (as opposted to gold nuggets), I'd seriously consider either a Garrett AT Pro (which is waterproof to 10' submerged), or possible a Tesoro Vaquero, which is also a very deep seeking detector; small and light, and has a lifetime warranty.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT pro is the best Jack of all trades detector on the market.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread