Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a rock tumbler to try and clean up some of these crystals I've been finding. Some of them are dull or have black spots on the surface. I have not purchased any media yet and am looking for suggestions on what would be the best option. I'm not looking to remove any material by grinding them down, just want to shine them up a little.
7-15-22.jpg

blauer

Jun 17, 2014
Pennsylbama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II.
Primary Interest:
Other
I heard peanut shells work.
Crush quartz and use that.
Sand ....

Upvote 0

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go to the he bay site and put in polish for rock tumblers a plethora of hits will come up. The Polish I use is very fine metal shavings. Sometimes I use walnut grit, but I would get the final stage polish if I were you and should take care of you. Actually, you can bya set from rough to finish material for a reasonable amount. Good luck.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go to the he bay site and put in polish for rock tumblers a plethora of hits will come up. The Polish I use is very fine metal shavings. Sometimes I use walnut grit, but I would get the final stage polish if I were you and should take care of you. Actually, you can bya set from rough to finish material for a reasonable amount. Good luck.
I bought ground glass 40/70 grit blast media at Harbor Freight today. They said it was for rock tumblers, but I'm not so sure.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread