Need advice on which detector to buy please... V3, E-Trac or Safari

Warshrike

Nov 1, 2009
Hi everyone. I am looking for the best overall detector for my tastes. I am moving to South Florida and would like to detect the beaches as well as school yards and such. I want to finde coins, gold, silver. I am NOT much into relic hunting. Anyways, I am considering the Whites V3, the E-Trac and the Safari. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I have 2 years experience with an ACE 250 but thats it so far. Thanks!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are a giant step up from someone running an Ace 250, but if you enjoy the learning as much as the digging you will find either of these nice detectors. They are just different in how they are adjusted and display the information. Suggest you read the field tests on these to see what suits your fancy and good luck. :read2:

John S

Dec 5, 2005
I have never had the v3 but I have a SE and e-trac. Me I would go with the SE.

TimTrac

Jul 30, 2009
Spanaway Wa
Detector(s) used
Etrac and VX3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a DFX and to be pretty honest it wasn't any better than the Whites QXT I had. To say the least I was pretty dissappointed. I wanted something with some newer technology and got the Etrac. To me Whites answer to compete with Minelabs Etrac was rushing the V3 to market. I'm not saying the V3 is bad but I have heard from many, that rushed to get it, it's a glorified DFX with more screens, bells, and whistles. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these machines except what you pay for them. The money differance. I do know from first hand experience that my Etrac does go deeper than the DFX....

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are looking for a beach detector I would look at the Garrett Infinium LS or Minelab Excalibur 1000 or Excalibur II both good in water and on land (especially beaches). I have the E-Trac and I don't do well on beaches with it but I do with the two mentioned above.
But I like my E-Trac in parks, old foundations and such.
I would suggest going to my nearest dealer and try them out to see what would be good for me and how they handle they all are differant. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread