ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MrsBlack53 said:
I don't have a pic but it is round and stands on 3 legs, had a small faucet and a ventilated lid, it said "New World Standard Series". Anyone know what this could be?

sounds like someone I know on a bender :D :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Three legged dog with a dentist's spit sink and a coffee cup lid on it's back.

But seriously...post the pics as soon as you get them. The folks here are wizards of identification.

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 326.jpg
    326.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 2,602
Upvote 0

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A little history:

I believe yours is a DeLaval New World Standard Series Number 14 floor model cream separator. It was rated at 550 pounds of milk per hour. This would have been enough capacity to separate the milk from up to 25 cows in an hour's time. DeLaval was the most popular of the centrifugal cream separators. The company originated in Sweden in 1883 and started in the US in 1885. Gustaf DeLaval is credited with inventing the first continuously operating cream separator for which he received a U. S. patent on October 4, 1881. The advantage of Gustaf DeLaval's invention was that the milk did not have to be separated in batches but rather the milk could be continuously separated without stopping. By 1909 there were one million DeLaval cream separators in use, by 1922 there were 2.5 million and the number had jumped to four million by 1928.

Look for the manufacture date stamped on the base of the disc holder and in the frame of the separator.

DeLaval would have been considered the "Cadillac" of cream separators. They were the first and most common but also the most expensive.

Don.......

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kblackphoto

kblackphoto

Nov 17, 2009
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
nokta makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info! Thats very interesting:) Ill check out the date when I get the chance. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread