🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Need help identifying "honeycomb ruby tower"

violetseas

Nov 13, 2021
I bought this tower for a very affordable price and it was labelled as honeycomb ruby. Due to how cheap it is, I don't think it would be actual ruby? Selling for $20 for the tower. Ive googled it and almost nothing comes up but a few other etsy listings and an allibaba listing for similar looking towers. I cant find anything on what actual rock or gem it could be. It is heavy and cold to the touch so it does not feel like any kind of resin, plastic or glass. Ive also put it through a rock identifier app and nothing has come up, which if it was actual ruby - I imagine it would've been able to be identified. But that leaves the question, what on earth is it?
IMG_2470.jpg

Lalalove

Jan 23, 2022
I bought this tower for a very affordable price and it was labelled as honeycomb ruby. Due to how cheap it is, I don't think it would be actual ruby? Selling for $20 for the tower. Ive googled it and almost nothing comes up but a few other etsy listings and an allibaba listing for similar looking towers. I cant find anything on what actual rock or gem it could be. It is heavy and cold to the touch so it does not feel like any kind of resin, plastic or glass. Ive also put it through a rock identifier app and nothing has come up, which if it was actual ruby - I imagine it would've been able to be identified. But that leaves the question, what on earth is it?
View attachment 1990828

Upvote 0

Lalalove

Jan 23, 2022
That my friend is a Pitaya stone , it should react with a UV light and you can look it up by that name it's not ruby at all . But , it's still beautiful 😍

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions