🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Need help identifying this steel glass and marble turntable stand

vovadeuv

Feb 21, 2022
My friend saw this hifi stand on instagram and I want to help them find the name of the designer or the name of the model so that they can buy one.
I thought maybe one of you could help us put a name to it.
we tried reverse google image search and didn't come up with anything
anyone have an idea ?

2jgdti1z6ie81.jpg

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Toronto vovadeuv. :wave:

Based on the style, it looks to be from the late-70s or early-80s. I might suggest sending pics to some of the older furniture makers. It has a European look to me, but I may be way off base on this. Whatever it is, it appears to be well-made.

Dave

Last edited:
Reactions: ARC
Upvote 1
OP
OP
V

vovadeuv

Feb 21, 2022
Welcome to Tnet from Toronto vovadeuv. :wave:

Based on the style, it looks to be from the late-70s or early-80s. I might suggest sending pics to some of the older furniture furniture makers. It has a European look to me, but I may be way off base on this. Whatever it is, it appears to be well-made.

Dave
Hello Dave, thank you for your answer, I have no idea where to start. Did you mean I should post this somewhere else in this forum or that I should google 70-80's furniture makers and email them ?

Upvote 1

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Dave, thank you for your answer, I have no idea where to start. Did you mean I should post this somewhere else in this forum or that I should google 70-80's furniture makers and email them ?

I don't know where you're located my friend. :icon_scratch: But if I'd found this piece in Toronto and I wanted to know who retailed or even made it, I'd start by getting in touch with some of the local antique shops that specialize in postmodern or even space-age type furniture from the 60s or 70s.

I'd even try emailing museums like:

The Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC

The Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto

Here's an interesting link to America's Top Institutions for Modern Design: From Arts and Crafts to Mid Century Modern and Beyond

Best of luck to you,
Dave

Upvote 0

chichichi

May 16, 2023
My friend saw this hifi stand on instagram and I want to help them find the name of the designer or the name of the model so that they can buy one.
I thought maybe one of you could help us put a name to it.
we tried reverse google image search and didn't come up with anything
anyone have an idea ?

View attachment 2011749
Hi ! Did you end up finding where to find such stand ? Thanks !

Upvote 0

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you sure it is a turntable stand and not a repurposed retro style table or bar stool? They made a lot of funky tubular furniture in the 60's.

Upvote 1

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure it is a turntable stand and not a repurposed retro style table or bar stool? They made a lot of funky tubular furniture in the 60's.
I was thinking the same way, It looks like a 50's or 60's dining room table base or a bar stool base turned upside down.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread