Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, digging holes for treasure is weird alright (just ask any archaeologists).
The discussion from afar about whatā€™s in the hole based on a photo is weird to me. Iā€˜m I not free to express this? Iā€™m not insulting you or anyone else in the thread. Carry on.

No, feel free to express yourself, is what forums are meant for.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the older treasure magazines had articles on it. The old fashioned name was called doodlebugging, now either remote viewing or map/photo dowsing. There are still people around calling it doodlebugiing. I think originally, the name was derived from dowsers once used a pendulum tied to the end of a branch. Holding stick the swinging pendulum on other end.

Adding this link, here, doodlebuggers is used as a name for dowsers (dowsing in general).

ā€œI know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as they do astrology, as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction this is, however, unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time.ā€ -Albert Einstein

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see now your hole goes down deeper on the right side. Didn't notice that before, is also where signal was found. Going to have a check more again... you must be down close to 15 ft on right side. Yet, still seems more like something with the soil.
Yes, right side on the picture was about 4.5ft, now is 5.5ft.
I didnt go yet to the place to check again, cant find a free time.
I would have thought your hole was much deeper looking at photo. Actually, many caches have been found about that depth. But a metal detector should be able to pick it up by now (unless really deep). Had been getting a depth for something (not sure what) on a depth reading between 14-15 feet. That's why decided it must be your hole. There can be all kinds of stuff in the ground, would be rather deep for a cache.

PS-I still think good to try panning for coarse gold if found in your area. Otherwise it must be small gold targets. If you dig more, I'd stop before going past 9 ft deeper right side.

Last edited:

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have same hit than DragonAsia
Its mineral of gold but very deep aprox. 18 meters
..can be a gold nugget like 3 kgs size

Attachments

• BasicFinder-Dowsing-hole.jpeg
    BasicFinder-Dowsing-hole.jpeg
    656.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have same hit than DragonAsia
Its mineral of gold but very deep aprox. 18 meters
..can be a gold nugget like 3 kgs size
Iā€™m getting 19kg in size to the upper right, but itā€™s a wavering signal indicating to me it might be silver and possibly man made. Also it may be much deeper due to the strength.

OP
OP
basicfinder

basicfinder

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2022
We stopped digging at 2 meters (6.5ft), metal detector does not getting any signal. On the surface and sides of hole nothing as well. My l rods showing something there in top right corner as most of you said (its not a water i am 100% sure) but its too deep to keep digging.
Thanks everybody who helped me here.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you know how deep the bedrock is, possible could be the 30 feet depth reading. Right side of hole, minerals or fine debris from past civilizations can cause dowsing rod responses.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread