Need Help With Identification

Hey Boy

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2022
Northwest Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
I found this a few days ago in a creek that saw a lot of Civil War activity. It's smaller than a dime and made of lead. I was leaning towards a bale seal but I don't think it is, maybe a game piece as there was a camp near by. Has anyone found anything similar? Google has been no help so I thought I'd turn to the metal detecting community.

Attachments

• IMG_0506.JPG
    IMG_0506.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0507.JPG
    IMG_0507.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 44

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very INTERESTING FIND :)

Upvote 0

VaGent

Apr 20, 2021
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently Deus XP, also have 2 Minelab Explorer XS as backups.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In the picture there appears to be rusty iron near the edge; that to me would indicate bale seal, although with the stars on it I would tell everyone it was a TEXAS bale seal lol.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Hey Boy

Hey Boy

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2022
Northwest Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
In the picture there appears to be rusty iron near the edge; that to me would indicate bale seal, although with the stars on it I would tell everyone it was a TEXAS bale seal lol.
It does look like something was attached to the edge at one time. Maybe it is a bale seal, but it's a tiny little thing.

Upvote 1

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this a few days ago in a creek that saw a lot of Civil War activity. It's smaller than a dime and made of lead. I was leaning towards a bale seal but I don't think it is, maybe a game piece as there was a camp near by. Has anyone found anything similar? Google has been no help so I thought I'd turn to the metal detecting community.
Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Boy, welcome to Treasurenet, sorry, I had to remove your user banner, it listed a website link selling, and only paying supporting vendors can do so.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions