Need Help With Marbles

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I posted this on the Garage Sale forum where I usually hang out without any success. I picked up about 1/3 of a gallon ziplock bag of marbles last year from the estate of an older guy that had lots of toys his kids had. I'm fairly sure these are from the 60's or 70's. I'm in the resale biz & don't know anything about marbles. I don't even know what to call these. Any help would be appreciated especially names. The really big marble came from a box lot at another sale. I suspect it might have been a good one before some idiot used it for a hammer. Does it have any value in the condition it's in? Here are a few pics of a sample of what I have.
2149.JPG 2150.JPG 2151.JPG 2152.JPG 2153.JPG

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
You have some good old marbles there... lots of vitros, master brushed patches, some Alley shooters, and a big beat up German handmade. The handmade is beat badly and the value is really low in comparison to what it once was, but it's still the most valuable of the lot. It might be worth $10 in that condition. If not, I'll give you that much for it anyway. Most of the rest of those are from the 1940s to the 60s or so. The blue and yellow Alley is probably the next in value... guessing $7 to $10. I think the rest are $3.00 and under marbles.

The Badger

Mar 2, 2013
Allentown,Pa
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter
White's Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Thanks for the help. I was pretty sure the large one was German but didn't know if it was worth anything due to condition. Will check out the link this weekend. I'm thinking I'll group these into lots of similar types & run auctions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions