Need help

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very interesting replies, i think i have to agree with Tod on this, even if you use any of the other sudgestions and actually find the right post , if you try to sneak or casually dig it up , you are looking for a world of hurt .
contact a lawyer and explain what the deal is , he should be able to tell you very quick if he can help you or not and at the worst he will say no and charge you a office visit .

But let me ask you this, since this was your GF's property when he dug it and then later he donated it to the city for a park , do you think he may have went back and dug it up before , knowing it would no loner be in the family and move it ?

and if he did it to 1 post what are the odds he did it to others ?
i like the idea of the 1 1/2 auger bit with a extension and try to hit under the post . i am not sure if there is a probe attachment you could use for the MD that you could slide down the hole to detect after wards , but that would be cool .
I would also be checking every Railroad tie fencepost on any of GF's old or current propeties.

detectit

Jan 24, 2009
My honest opinion,
Contact your nearest college or university with an archaeology department.
Talk to one of the professors and have them schedule a state sanctioned excavation.

NEVER LET THE ESTABLISHED, EDUCATED, POWER THUGS HAVE ANY PART OF IT! THEY'LL LIE TO YOU AND YOU'LL ALWAYS HAVE REGRET LETTING THEM BE A PART OF IT. BAD IDEA, AND BAD ADVICE TO HAVE DEAD WEIGH PARTNERS! Stay as quite about it as you can. It's one else's concern. Too much greed going on. Another idea is use a ground penetration scan. Have 'em sign a confidentiality agreement.

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a lawyer, but I think you might have standings in a court under the fact that you know the gold is in a certain location and you know where to look. It may be worth your time to contact a good lawyer, if there is one, and sound him out on the facts that you have presented to us. You don't need to tell him the location until you get a response. You might even try two or three lawyers in order to get a better understanding of where you stand. If there is a way to prove it is your GF's than you might be able to get it all without sharing, but then again if you only got a partial it is more than you have now.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An approach that may be useful would be to take a long piece of rebar and see if it "hits" anything below the post.....it would be possible to "follow" the post to it's bottom and then see if anything is below it.....

OP
OP
D

Deepgold

Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the poles were a bust! I used a rod I bought from hardware store and could not feel anything below the poles.

On a side note a distant friend has recently passed and left me quite a collection of gold $20s. Enought to fill a small sack. I will be looking for another treasure soon. Will keep you posted.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the poles were a bust! I used a rod I bought from hardware store and could not feel anything below the poles.

On a side note a distant friend has recently passed and left me quite a collection of gold $20s. Enought to fill a small sack. I will be looking for another treasure soon. Will keep you posted.

Now hide your sack under a corner post

Unless you think you may loose them again.
V

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm really sorry to here about your friend. Y'all must have been pretty close for him to have left you that treasure. Good luck with your future cave adventures and be safe!

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello,

Did you ever find what you were looking for by the fence posts? Maybe you could ask the park people if you could fix their fence or free, rent a ditch witch or a bobcat with an auger and search for the treasure. You could say you work for the local water or gas people and remove fence and use a back hoe to dig a trench where the fence once stood. Then maybe your metal detector will locate it. What if you said you were from a university and were an Archaeologist and needed to remove fence because you were recovering something of historical value? Just some thoughts.. Any way good luck and happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread