need info please

old buck

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2020
wabash , INDIANA
Detector(s) used
WHITES SPECTURM XLT / whites SURF MASTER ll / ?? tesoro penteara ??
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my detector sent in for repairs for over 1 and 1/2 years now . someone from Tesoro did call my house my wife took call but she dident know anything about my detector so she was no help to them or me. but that told me they do have it . does any one know any info on how I may be able to contact them to retreave it even if it is still broken may be able to send it to some one else to repair it . I have called only to have a answering machine tell me it is full .

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe get on google earth

got to Tesoro address

go to street view

see what businesses are nearby

look up their phone number and call them and maybe they'll leave your message

and try snail mail....

just thinking out loud....

OP
OP
O

old buck

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2020
wabash , INDIANA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back in some old phone messages found where one some from Tesoro left a message trying to verify my address saying that my detector was repaired . does any one know anyone that I may be able to contact to try to get it shipped out . only number I have is 982-771-2646 but mailbox is full cant leave a message any contact info may help

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
The company is out of business and now closed.
Vince, the owner, is trying to sell the factory but for the last several months he has been in there attempting to repair machines that were sent in for repair before they closed.
By himself.
The answering machine has been filled and unuseable for many months now and that probably won't change.
You were lucky, yours was repaired and ready to ship back but you were unlucky when you didn't tell your wife about it and a second time when he left a message that you missed and when it was much easier to communicate with him.
Now it's pretty much impossible.
Every once in awhile someone posts they just got their repaired machine back out of the blue, maybe that will happen to you but without having a verified return address maybe it won't.
He is spending his own money on the return shipping and I bet he might have a whole pile of repaired units like yours with owners he couldn't connect with that might take hundreds of dollars to get back to their owners...I don't think I would take the chance and lose that money if I sent them out without verification of addresses if I were him.
Nobody seems to know if he is still repairing and returning them or if he is how long he is willing and able to do it.
He tried to get to you twice now, three times might be a stretch for a guy with that much on his plate but you never know.

Maybe you will come back around and get a call one day, third time's the charm.
Good luck.

Last edited:

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I found his home address, write him a letter.

Vince Gifford
2255 W Pemberton Dr
Prescott Az

My Youtube channel---Paul B

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

old buck

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2020
wabash , INDIANA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you digger27 for your info , Mojave I will try that now that I have a address thanks I would even pay for postage for return if I could comunacate with him

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know if he responds. Good luck!

OP
OP
O

old buck

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2020
wabash , INDIANA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just wanted to let every one know that if you asked me a couple weeks ago i would of told you my Pantera was lost in space BUT to my surprise i got a call from Vince Gifford last week to confirm my address and he got ahold of me this time well i got it week later my hats off to Vince if any one ask i wouldent be able to say enough good things about Vince THANK YOU VINCE GIFFORD

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was Vince once I got all the warranty work done I would just downsize to a smaller shop and just repair Tesoro's. He could probably make a good living just keeping the thousands of machines going. I'm thinking about buying another one right this minute...lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread