Need input on Whites Classic I.D. w/ Blue Max 800 coil

dumpdigger68

Dec 24, 2009
central Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am looking for input about a Whites Classic I.D. w/ Blue Max 800 coil. The detector is on Craigslist and located close to me, asking price is $200. Is that a decent price? What about depth capabilities etc. ? Would the coil be waterproof ? I know of a cache of coins in shallow fresh water for 40 plus years, wondering if this detector would be suitable? Thanks in advance for any info you all share.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This detector is not the greatest and heavier than other brands like Tesoro's Cibola at near 2 1/2 lbs with batteries as one example. You can get a ACE 250 for near $212.00. I think the price is kind of high for such an older detector.

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is too steep also but, if your able to get it down for about 125-150 I think you would do better and have a decent machine. But it has only one tone and like sandman suggested you would be better off putting up another 12 bucks and getting a brand new machine with more features and would have the depth if not a little more. The classic ID with the 8 inch coil is fun and is built like a tank. I believe it to be a great first detector and depending on how deep those coins are in the water, I would be careful of not going any deeper in the water than above the knees and the coil will want to come up on you and not stay under the water but it should be waterproof as long as there are no cracks in the coil and it is still sealed. Good luck, Tim

RonV

May 15, 2014
Montour Falls, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
J.W. Fisher pulse 8, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites classic

I saw your question about the whites. I am in Montour Falls and have a detector that is good for 300' would you be interested in using it for a split of the find? If so I can be reached through this site to RonV.

QUOTE=dumpdigger68;2333636]Hello, I am looking for input about a Whites Classic I.D. w/ Blue Max 800 coil. The detector is on Craigslist and located close to me, asking price is $200. Is that a decent price? What about depth capabilities etc. ? Would the coil be waterproof ? I know of a cache of coins in shallow fresh water for 40 plus years, wondering if this detector would be suitable? Thanks in advance for any info you all share.[/QUOTE]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions