Need Some Advice

Ahunter

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
I am planning to visit my son in Alameda sometime in April. I can go for the weekend or take a week. I need two questions answered before I book my flight. 1) How much trouble is it to get a MD on a plane since 9/11? I really don't want it to go in the baggage compartment. 2) If I took my 4" coil and went to the mother lode country for a few days, where could I get permission to hunt and have a reasonable chance of finding nuggets?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

S

stefen

Break the MD down and place in a carry-on bag...bring manufacturer's instruction book also.

Place all other tools in your check-in bags.

As to finding nuggets...good luck.

If a person had a reasonable chance of finding nuggets we'd still be in a gold strike mode. The most likely place to find gold nuggets is in a Mining Store, or the like. You would have a better chance of finding relics and maybe some coins.

OP
OP
Ahunter

Ahunter

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Thanks Stefen. Gold nuggets sound just like the caches I hunt for. That's why I still do parks & old church yards - to find something so I don't go completely crazy.

OP
OP
Ahunter

Ahunter

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
I dream while I research - someday the two will come together and I'll be doing some intensive ground searching. Until then it's research at night. Hunt when I can - and be happy with every beep!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread