Need some etrac help

tah06090

Full Member
Nov 6, 2011
120
16
Vermont
Detector(s) used
E-trac/ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a few questions. First we have a 1700s cellar site weve picked it over very well ie all the good signals that were noticible, now we are stuck digging the iffy signals there are tons and i mean tons of nails and larger assortment of old iron items. I have been hunting thsi site with the stock coin mode running auto +3 deep recovery and high trash im getting to the point now were all there essentially is is iron masking targets. I tried relic mode was very different almost seemed overwhelming so many tones the detector going off a ton. So was wondering any custom programs that have worked for you guys modified coin or relic modes? I have the feeling i am just gonna have to suck it up and dig a ton of iron, My brother is running a at pro and beat me the other day with it while he was running all metal. So any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks!
 
Upvote 0

Daedalus

Hero Member
Feb 2, 2011
951
18
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may be a hard one to answer . No two sites are going to be the same so I just keep changing the settings until I get to what I want or close to anyway .

The other thing I do when I am digging like that is try other coils . And go through the process again .

But some here may have a good system that would save you some time .
 

okdiggermark

Sr. Member
Nov 7, 2011
377
2
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PM me and tell me your email. I can email you a trashy area pattern I have, but it's made for coins in heavy trash areas. I don't relic hunt much.
 

jibb

Full Member
Feb 9, 2012
118
20
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have an etrack...(wish I did) and I don't know how secluded your location is or how big the area is but if I get in an area giving off that many signals I would consider using a sifting box. Ive read about them on this site. I dream of finding the right site to use one. ;D
 

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
4,423
1,088
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tah06090 said:
Have a few questions. First we have a 1700s cellar site weve picked it over very well ie all the good signals that were noticible, now we are stuck digging the iffy signals there are tons and i mean tons of nails and larger assortment of old iron items. I have been hunting thsi site with the stock coin mode running auto +3 deep recovery and high trash im getting to the point now were all there essentially is is iron masking targets. I tried relic mode was very different almost seemed overwhelming so many tones the detector going off a ton. So was wondering any custom programs that have worked for you guys modified coin or relic modes? I have the feeling i am just gonna have to suck it up and dig a ton of iron, My brother is running a at pro and beat me the other day with it while he was running all metal. So any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

If you want to get it all in a trashy area your going to have to dig it all, piece by piece.
 

okdiggermark

Sr. Member
Nov 7, 2011
377
2
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
goodmore said:
Don't knock the AT Pro. It does some things very very well. Sifting through iron is one of them. Try TTF. Dig all good numbered high tones. Swing very slow.

http://goes4ever.mymdforum.com/minelab-etrac/

A sand scoop or aluminum ice scoop with holes drilled in it slightly smaller than a dime works very well.
 

jibb

Full Member
Feb 9, 2012
118
20
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okdiggermark said:
goodmore said:
Don't knock the AT Pro. It does some things very very well. Sifting through iron is one of them. Try TTF. Dig all good numbered high tones. Swing very slow.

http://goes4ever.mymdforum.com/minelab-etrac/

AT Pro's have TTF? Cool. Didn't know that.
not sure but I think okdiggermark was answering about the e-trac. What is ttf anyway?
 

okdiggermark

Sr. Member
Nov 7, 2011
377
2
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TTF = Two Tone Ferrous. It makes a low noise on iron and a high tone for higher conductors.
 

DeArmitt Pa

Full Member
Jun 7, 2009
124
7
Johnstown, Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When you are in extreamly high trash areas like that you need to do several things to get the best results.

1. DO NOT RUN AUTO +3 SENSITIVITY! That sensitivity is best for open fields. What happens is your overpowering all the responses from the targets in such a small area that your blowing out all the good signals. For that situation run Auto +1, it will work much better.

2. Take it off Recovery Deep until you clear the area a little better. Run High Trash Density like you are.

3. If you have it, put on the 8" coil to shoot down in-between all the trash.

4. Get out of that stock coin mode, its junk unless your in parks. Run QUICK MASK and adjust your IRON MASK level down to about 25 for right now. I myself have run my Iron Mask down at 30. The targets will have better responses, yes you will get some iron, but this is the best setup for Colonial Hunting. Especially if it is a trashy area.

Hope this helps and you find some good stuff. Keep on Digging.

John DeArmitt,
Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
 

jibb

Full Member
Feb 9, 2012
118
20
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okdiggermark said:
TTF = Two Tone Ferrous. It makes a low noise on iron and a high tone for higher conductors.
higher conducters like brass and copper?
 
OP
tah06090

tah06090

Full Member
Nov 6, 2011
120
16
Vermont
Detector(s) used
E-trac/ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #13
Thanks guys for the tips now i just gotta get out and try some of this
 

okdiggermark

Sr. Member
Nov 7, 2011
377
2
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jibb said:
okdiggermark said:
TTF = Two Tone Ferrous. It makes a low noise on iron and a high tone for higher conductors.
higher conducters like brass and copper?

Yeah, and silver too! :blob7:
 

jibb

Full Member
Feb 9, 2012
118
20
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okdiggermark said:
jibb said:
okdiggermark said:
TTF = Two Tone Ferrous. It makes a low noise on iron and a high tone for higher conductors.
higher conducters like brass and copper?

Yeah, and silver too! :blob7:
this may be a stupid question but my bounty hunter 505 has 3 tones so it has ttf then?
 

okdiggermark

Sr. Member
Nov 7, 2011
377
2
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jibb said:
okdiggermark said:
jibb said:
okdiggermark said:
TTF = Two Tone Ferrous. It makes a low noise on iron and a high tone for higher conductors.
higher conducters like brass and copper?

Yeah, and silver too! :blob7:
this may be a stupid question but my bounty hunter 505 has 3 tones so it has ttf then?

I really don't know if it does or not. You can download Etrac owners manual and get a better feel for what it can do. Way too tough to explain here (for me anyhow). Your md may have it. Your owners manual should say. I'm sorry wasn't much help.
 

jibb

Full Member
Feb 9, 2012
118
20
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem I understand. I learn a lot just by reading through these forums and asking questions. :) thank you for your time. :)
 

okdiggermark

Sr. Member
Nov 7, 2011
377
2
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jibb said:
No problem I understand. I learn a lot just by reading through these forums and asking questions. :) thank you for your time. :)

Anytime friend
 

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
5,165
2,176
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
okdiggermark said:
goodmore said:
Don't knock the AT Pro. It does some things very very well. Sifting through iron is one of them. Try TTF. Dig all good numbered high tones. Swing very slow.

http://goes4ever.mymdforum.com/minelab-etrac/

AT Pro's have TTF? Cool. Didn't know that.

He was saying that AT Pros are good machines and then he suggested running the TTF program settings on his E-trac.


jibb said:
okdiggermark said:
jibb said:
okdiggermark said:
TTF = Two Tone Ferrous. It makes a low noise on iron and a high tone for higher conductors.
higher conducters like brass and copper?

Yeah, and silver too! :blob7:
this may be a stupid question but my bounty hunter 505 has 3 tones so it has ttf then?

Metal detectors do not have a setting called TTF. TTF is a name given to a program with specific settings that can be used on E-tracs. TTF basically means that you are running with 2 tones (high/low) sounding off on iron/non-iron targets.
 

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Metal Detecting Stuff

Latest Discussions

Top