Need some Help with my Family Tree

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I have only one ex-wife. NOW, I have reverted back to life like it was before I got married ! A man and his dog !

Attachments

• Shorty 1.JPG
    Shorty 1.JPG
    324.9 KB · Views: 141

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
All over the country, LDS (in Mexico we say Mormons) has Family History Centers. If you Google you can find them near you. Anyone can go in; you need not be LDS. There are some limits to those who are not LDS, but there is more access than most of us can utilize. And, I am told there are people there to help you if you are newbie.

There is one in the second biggest city in the state in Mexico where I live. But, when I went there, I learned it is not open until a late hour which precludes safely driving home through isolated mountain roads. When I told my brother who is LDS he was angry and said that violates their rules, and he could get it fixed. I told him not to bother at this time.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My aunt in phoenix used the LDS to trace the Kennedy side of our family back to Scotland 1175. I did a little more research and was able to go back even further to the mid 900's
I was surprised to see how much royalty i have in my bloodline and how it all stopped when my grandmother married my grandfather which pissed off my great grandfather prompting him to disown her. Damn...i missed the money by two generations!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The LDS database is amazing (familySearch.org) , and I use it to verify my Ancestry.com findings. I should have my DNA results back in a month or so, and I can tie that into both databases, so I'm looking forward to that.:occasion14:

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I read that LDS does not accept really old family trees for sealing except when linked with royalty, because of a lot of fictionalizing over the years by professional genealogists wanting to drum up business.

I believe the cut-off was around 200 years.

I know a smart-aleck nephew claims to have traced our family tree to a Scottish king, around 800 a.d. I do not believe him. He is known for low veracity.

Thinking while I am writing, I realized my wife's family tree would qualify. Her grandma was a Moctezuma and was descended from the Tenochas. So, if I could only get access to Biblioteca Polifoxiana I would go way back.

The records for the Moctezuma's in our local church only go back to the 1600's.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My DNA results are back, and it has made tracing my family line much, much, more precise! I can trace the Soloman/Solomon line unbroken, back to 1390. On my mother's side, I can trace the Goodwin family back to 1535. Some interesting relatives:

Sir William Bradford (Knight; Lord of Walton Steeton) Fairfax 1405—1453 15th Great Grandfathereat-grandfather

Sir Thomas Gibson, Baron Gibson of Durie, Clerk of the Sessions for The Scottish High Court 1469—1515 15th Great Grandfather

Sir Andrew Judde, Knight, Lord High Mayor of London, Mayor of Calais, Master of Skinner's Co, Merchant Adventurer, 1492-1588 13th Great Grandfather

Pictured: My Great Grandmother Florence Rowe, with my Grandmother Lillian, and her brothers Jim and John. My Grandmother Lillian, with her husband, Col. James L. Miller, and Gene Autry, in Hollywood.

Attachments

• 1700Rel.jpg
    1700Rel.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 141
  • DNA1.jpg
    DNA1.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 136
  • DNA2.jpg
    DNA2.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 148
  • DNA3.jpg
    DNA3.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Mom's Side 1.jpg
    Mom's Side 1.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG00015.jpg
    IMG00015.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG00016.jpg
    IMG00016.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't want to continue paying $35.00 a month to Ancestry, so I am videotaping as many lines as I can for my five-children. Folks, this is like watching your neighbor's slide show from their family trip to Wickenburg, but I figured its a good way to preserve the info.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both sets of grandparents came from the great country of Ireland. That is good enough for me.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been doing a lot of playing around on FamilySearch.org lately and have found a lot of records for the various branches of my family. I have also found inaccuracies in what is contained there. I guess it helps that one of my ancestors put together one of those genealogy books for our family about 100 years ago. it records that line of the family back to the original ancestor who came here from Holland in 1636. I was surprised to find that the book for the family was available as a scan online as well as a reprint from some of the printers in India. There are tons of old books that they are reprinting on demand. Something to look into if you know of a history book for your family.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeez Terry, I thought at least you'd trace it back to King Solomon!! We may be related since all these trees don't go down the female side, my family settled in Ipswich and Salem in the 1630s, and another side in Nantucket and Boston around the same time. Wasn't that big a gene pool around in those days. I hear 23 & Me has a better DNA breakdown than Ancestry DNA. There is an old cemetery in Rowley, MA that has a lot of graves from early Ipswich residents you might want to see if you have any relatives there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How cool is that Gunsil?! It turns out my family (Soloman; Goodwin; Randall; Chapman; and Rowe), has been in America, since 1590 at least. Just today, I got records from Scotland that confirmed my 20th Great Grandfather was a Crusader!

Sir John, Lord Innermeath, Stewart (Knight Templar)

1350–1421

BIRTH 1350 • Lorne, Perth, Perthshire, Scotland

DEATH 26 APR 1421 • Dunstaffshire Castle, Lorne, Argyllshire, Scotland

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just looking at Phillip Fowler's info and saw there was a book about the first ten generations of the Fowler family in America and it was written by Matthew Stickney. I have a book about the first ten generations in America for the Stickney family which was my mother's name. William Stickney is the family patriarch who came over in 1637 and is buried in the Rowley, MA burial grounds. Bet we are cousins!! My grandfather did a lot of research in England and although there were no references to crusaders the family is in the Domesday Book as having received a land grant from William the Conquerer for their services in his army invading England in 1066 and the battle of Hastings. There was a forefather who turned out with the rebels at Concord and Lexington and that is why my grandfather was also an SAR member although I have never applied to join.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I just ordered my Family History book. I think you can view it here: https://www.mycanvas.com/Sharing/TurnViewer?projectId=2035792&accessToken=LI16RqEuado=

That book is really neat. I didn't know that you could get such things made. Of course for most of my family, we don't have all the supporting documentation, but I am sure that some searching could turn it up.

After I posted last night, I did some playing on-line looking up some relatives who had served in the civil war. Turns out one of them served, was discharged, then re-enlisted and served as a Colonel with the 17th Regiment of the United States Colored Infantry.

Last edited:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Terry, I'm glued to this thread, it's truly awesome, especially finding out that an ancestor was a Crusader! I've been tossing the idea around the idea of chasing my bloodlines.. (father is Smith..good luck!)...but my Mother's side is Fallon, she was born in Falkirk, Scotland and I'm very interested to see where that takes me! Side note of interest : Nov 1987 there was a horrible fire at Kings Cross Railway Station in London. A great number of people perished, a true tragedy as there was fire suppression in place but no one on duty that day knew how to activate it. All but one that died was identified, a male they named "John Doe". Long story short, John Doe was my grandfather. I've mentioned this before on a couple different threads but just thought it might be interesting to you given the Scottish heritage. I've loaded a picture, it is a clay impression of "John Doe", made by an artist while they were trying to identify him. And Terry...it is EERILY spot on! Still gives me goosebumps...I remember warching a 2 hour documentary on History Channel, about this person, how thru forensics, dna and finally an unusual clip in his brain from an aneurysm, how he was identified. Terry, I wish you great luck in filling in all the blanks, thx very much. Ddf.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-15-17-59-28.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-15-17-59-28.png
    293.5 KB · Views: 114

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you go Dude EZ PZ You don't even owe me nuthin

1521376203_gorilla.jpg

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is really cool that I have something to give to my children, and grandchildren, something they can take pride in and continue to investigate should they choose to. What we can find out today - without having to leave the house, is nothing less than Amazing! Yes, I have invested a few hundred dollars, and hundreds of hours now, but I really feel proud of my investment and work. The information I have found, and continue to find is priceless to me, and is bringing me a lot of joy.

Gunsil, I'll keep an eye open for William Stickney, as I continue to expand my tree. Keith, I encourage you to continue your research! Dirtdigginfool, that story gets in your head, amazing. Keep "digging" for the Fallon's, I know you'll find leads! :hello2:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW! [FONT=&quot]Have you read the book, or seen the movie, "The DaVinci Code?" Well, as it turns out, Baron William Roslin Sinclair 1405–1480[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BIRTH 1405 • Rosslyn Castle, Midlothian, Scotland / Caithness, Scotland, is my 22nd great-grandfather! [/FONT]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread