🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Need some help with this old Clinton burlap feed bag

Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
An old radio shack, simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this while cleaning out an old barn yesterday. It was nailed to a door, along with a couple other pieces of burlap sacks. I am trying to get a date for this. It is a 100 pound corn gluten feed bag from the Clinton Company, Clinton Iowa. I have been able to find out a little about the company but not much, and nothing that can give me a date. I also have been unable to find any match’s online. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
Vermont treasure hunter
Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
An old radio shack, simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest you contact the Clinton County Historical Society in Iowa. Pretty sure they can help you. I do believe ADM bought out the Clinton Company, but the folks at the Society can give you an idea of age on your bag. Good luck.
Thank you! Will look into that.

Upvote 2

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this while cleaning out an old barn yesterday. It was nailed to a door, along with a couple other pieces of burlap sacks. I am trying to get a date for this. It is a 100 pound corn gluten feed bag from the Clinton Company, Clinton Iowa. I have been able to find out a little about the company but not much, and nothing that can give me a date. I also have been unable to find any match’s online. Any help with this is greatly appreciated! View attachment 2035909 View attachment 2035911
It's Hilary's feed bag! She's wearing them now for dresses.

Upvote 3

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sarcastic comments about "Hillary" are definitely political.

:)
Naw..... I make remarks like that all the time, no politics involved. Matter of fact I'm probably the most un political person you'll meet. Here's my favorite Tshirt. I bought six of them!

Attachments

• IMG_20220701_203141754.jpg
    IMG_20220701_203141754.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 18
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions