NEEDING INFO , WHITE VINTAGE METAL DETECTOR

riversidedan

Jun 25, 2022
just found an old white metal detector and needing some info................if you know anything about this thing just reply BTW the mdl # GM S63 also hoping to find owners manual BTW it does power up and has audio however am needing to hopefully find a manual . thanx

Attachments

• 100_3797.JPG
    100_3797.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Upvote 2

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First of all, welcome to T-Net !
Your old Whites is about 60 years old. You can still find stuff with them but I think your best bet would be to go with one of the newer machines that do a heck of a lot more & are lighter in weight & get much better depth on targets that you would miss with the old Gold Master. Plus, the older machines could cause you a headache if the parts start to break down & have to be replaced.

That being said, if you can get it working, it might be fun to play with & learn how the detectors operate.
Keep reading this forum & see what other detectorists are using & finding.
Tons of useful & helpful info in this forum (and other Forums on T-Net)
In the meantime, below are a few links to check out. The last link has links to the manuals for your GM S63. Good luck & Happy Hunting.!!

Vintage White's Electronics Gold Master Metal Detector 1964 Model GM S63

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett bought out Whites. You might try contacting them and ask if by chance they have the user manual available on pdf format for download.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think if you google search "whites gold Master manual" you may get some help.

And welcome to Tnet. Hope you have a good time and find the site helpful.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool wall hanger! :icon_thumright: Welcome aboard!

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just found an old white metal detector and needing some info................if you know anything about this thing just reply BTW the mdl # GM S63 also hoping to find owners manual BTW it does power up and has audio however am needing to hopefully find a manual . thanx
I've looked for a manual and this is the best I could find, it for a GM 63T which should be about the same for the most part..

Garret does have Whites owner's manuals but the only one they have that's close is a model GM 63 TR manual but it is in Spanish, if you can read Spanish here's a link to the manual on Garrett's website.

I couldn't find a manual for a GM S63 anywhere.

Edit: Upon further searching I did find a manual online, I'm sure the other mnaual above may help but hopefully this one will be what you need to operate the GM S63, this manual is also for the S64 and S65 models.

Last edited:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try this

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread