ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got a text today about a diamond ring they THOUGHT might be in the water but were not sure. Asked if I was available today if I was needed. Said yes. A while later they said I was needed. They searched the boat and parking lot and couldn't find the ring. I am thinking great, my first fail because they have absolutely no idea where it was lost. So I head down to Beacon Cove Marina. Meet them at their well and she tells me she took the ropes off the front of the boat and went to the gas dock. They threw her a rope she lunged for but she never felt the ring come off her finger.

So we decided the most likely spot would be the gas dock and decided to try there first. Went and got suited up and got out my trusty CZ-21 metal detector. Went down approximately 18 foot to pitch black and muck. I am finding cans. gas cap keys, gas caps, bottle tops and lots of other junk in over a foot of muck. I keep coming up because I have absolutely NO IDEA where I am down there.

BUT, FINALLY I prevail!! I get a signal and play in the muck and put my finger through a ring. I put it up to my mask and see it is a SUCCESS!

I come up to a very ecstatic couple that were married over 20 years.

I want to thank Beacon Cove for allowing me to dive at the dock and for the folks that keep believing in what I can do. I gave them the gas caps and the keys. I kept the bottle tops, cell phone, rod holder and ice skimmer.

Here it is folks. Two very happy customers.

I know I haven't been on here much lately. I have yet to get out on my own and look for wild gold. All I did this weekend was to dive for folks that lost wallets, glasses, boat parts, phones, and keys. I have been doing so much recovery dives it hasn't given me a lot of spare time. I hope to get out soon and find my own gold!

Upvote 41

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Done Sir, Well Done!!!!

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me rephrase for you T.C.: She dropped it off the dock, into zero visability water, sunk in the muck, where he had to feel with his hands to find it. It is AMAZING he found it so he could give back to her. That good?

Keep yer shirt on...I just posted it in the wrong place.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Jesus, I’m surprised she didn’t see the wake when that thing hit the water! But you got a free smooch!! Great job!!

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Persistence and hard work DO pay off. Great job on the recovery. Keep up the good work. I hope you get some play time soon, but with all the stuff we find we know people are always loosing stuff and needing your help. Keep swingin.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw! You're just in it for the smooches! What a ring. You can't beat a man in the right who keeps on comin! Congrats and Honorable Mention.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the replies all. It has been super busy finding things for others this year so far. I have yet to get out on my own searching for gold. The water is still high and COLD. Weird spring so far. Soon I will be back to posting regular finds and having fun. I did buy a new toy this spring. I have my Sea Ray for lake St Clair. Now I have a Chaparral for inland lakes and lake Huron.

Only trouble with this toy is it goes 52mpg and burns 23 gallons of gas an hour at full speed. I will need to find a lot of gold to finance the fuel!

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions