Nevada governor blasts Biden for locking up mineral-rich land: 'A historic mistake'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ne...locking-up-mineral-rich-land-historic-mistake

Nevada Gov. Joe Lombardo heavily criticized President Biden for his designation of a new national monument in Nevada, arguing it would negatively impact residents for generations.

On Tuesday, Biden announced he would establish the so-called Avi Kwa Ame National Monument in southern Nevada, a region that includes Spirit Mountain and used as a sacred space by Indigenous tribes, according to the White House. Lombardo, though, said he had contacted Biden about the 506,814-acre monument designation in his state, but never received a response.

"Since I took office, the Biden White House has not consulted with my administration about any of the details of the proposed Avi Kwa Ame national monument which, given the size of the proposal, seems badly out of step," Lombardo, who took office in January, said in a statement.

Upvote 3

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a news story that directly relates to our hobby and not political in nature so I don't see that it violates our politics rule.

hawkeye39

May 12, 2013
Surprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI SL
Whites GMT
GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nevada Gov. Joe Lombardo is a Republican, Joe Biden is a Democrat. That looks political to me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nevada Gov. Joe Lombardo is a Republican, Joe Biden is a Democrat. That looks political to me.
The news story is directly related to our hobby and is not a political attack.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only congress should be able to tie up federal land, not the executive branch. With the stroke of a pen the next president can undo this.
And, it’s “sacred space by indigenous tribes”. Is there a square inch of land anywhere that is not “sacred space by indigenous tribes”? There’s 506,000 acres and it’s all sacred land? Give me a break!

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes as long as you subscribe to division by design.

I’ve seen some incredibly rich areas designated as wilderness. The “studies” they undertook said that the early gold rush miners got all of the economically viable gold already. Not sure which administration this was under, nor do I care. I do know these early mining efforts only scratched the surface of the hidden wealth. It’s all been withdrawn from public domain AND now has been torched to sterile soil in the name of preservation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Weve got the strongest and biggest economy ever in history without gold. We can print whatever we need without gold and not be tied down with it.
Take a look at how many Nations / Countries are now talking about not trading / excepting the "Dollar" any longer.
Could the printing of too many Dollars have something to do with this?

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Question should the Nevada Governor be removed so that it does not "Looks political to me" or any other Governor for that matter?

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thread was about the designation of a new national monument in Nevada and was allowed, It has now become political and is locked for politics and will disappear since OP is not CM, can't move it to politics forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions