New ACE 400

seagullplayer

Aug 13, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 & ACE 400, ACE Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been away for MD for several years. Bought my ACE 250 about 2008. It is still working great, had a lot o fun with it.
It will be used by friends and family.

I loved the platform and the performance, so I just moved to the top of the current ACE series.

Picked up my new ACE 400 last night on the way home. At an unheard of price, they even gave me a wireless head phone set-up!

Looking forward to hitting the dirt.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back and we even left some treasures in the ground for you to find!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back I wish you luck I'm sure your going to have a great year. Tommy

OP
OP
seagullplayer

seagullplayer

Aug 13, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys, been working on getting my kit back together. I had given everything but my 250 to my oldest son.
I think he still uses my old HF pointer. I also gave him my favorite digger.

So I now have a Garrett digging tool that looks good, but unproven for myself. I also picked up another tool at the local hardware that sure looks like my old favorite.
I never used a shovel last go around, but I was almost always in yards. This time I have some special permission where the shovel might be handy. I picked one up today along with new knee pads and gloves suited for mud.

My new pointer came in the mail the same night I picked up the 400. It's not very expensive but seems like it will work at least as good as my old HF did. At least it is said to be water proof, even if its just water resistant it will be a step up. It is listed as a GP Pointer.

Just need to wait for some of this steady rain to stop. Suppose to end with winter cold back in a few days. I see cold mud in my near future.

OP
OP
seagullplayer

seagullplayer

Aug 13, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a leather holster at Menards intended for pliers or tin snips fits my hardware digging tool very nicely!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread