Last edited:
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not think TH wants to talk about it..

I can't for the time being, I am under confidentialty agreement. I have had inside contacts with Minelab and Kellyco for over 10 years, all the way back to when Minelab was in Vegas, over 10 years now. Before I retired at 66 I worked for telcom company and serviced Kellyco's voice and data equipment and Cisco routers for 8 years.

I have met and communicated with last 2 heads of Minelab Americas over last 10 years know many in Chicago and my hunting partner Dave runs the repair center.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't for the time being, I am under confidentialty agreement. I have had inside contacts with Minelab and Kellyco for over 10 years, all the way back to when Minelab was in Vegas, over 10 years now. Before I retired at 66 I worked for telcom company and serviced Kellyco's voice and data equipment and Cisco routers for 8 years.

I have met and communicated with last 2 heads of Minelab Americas over last 10 years know many in Chicago and my hunting partner Dave runs the repair center.

Thanks TH!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would mean you are an employee if you have signed any agreements.
No it does not, I have given my word not to reveal, never said I signed an agreement.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Last edited:

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am watching this thread with interest, as well. Just had a problem develop with my Explorer SE Pro today (stuck in "overload" -- both tone, and screen indication). I have called the number Minelab Jamie provided (strangely, I just got a voice saying "leave a voicemail," no confirmation that I had reached Minelab at all, just a voice telling me to leave a voice mail), and sent an email to the address she provided. Waiting on a response from both/either; hopefully Monday (as this is the weekend).

Steve

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am watching this thread with interest, as well. Just had a problem develop with my Explorer SE Pro today (stuck in "overload" -- both tone, and screen indication). I have called the number Minelab Jamie provided (strangely, I just got a voice saying "leave a voicemail," no confirmation that I had reached Minelab at all, just a voice telling me to leave a voice mail), and sent an email to the address she provided. Waiting on a response from both/either; hopefully Monday (as this is the weekend).

Steve
I will be watching to see what kind of response you get and how fast it takes to get it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, it is it's own repair center, Dave would never move to PA, too cold, too much snow.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be watching to see what kind of response you get and how fast it takes to get it.

I will report back, with details, as I'm quite interested in seeing how this plays out. First time I've needed Minelab service; I'm interested in seeing how it goes. I expect to buy a new Equinox, and often "new releases" do need to be sent back to the manufacturer a time or two for "tweaks." How Minelab handles this will give me some ideas as to how comfortable I might be as possibly being an "early purchaser" of an Equinox...

Steve

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, some more great news with a clean break and no association moving north.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please be sure to contact us for a RMA (return material authorization) number prior to sending in your repair! You can also contact us at [email protected] and our customer service line is 877-767-6522.

Jamie, Can you clear up the confusion where the Minelab Repair Facilitie(s) is/are??

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, VERY impressed so far. I had an email in my inbox from Minelab by 8:15 AM this morning. Some back-and-forth via email, exchanging serial numbers, RMA numbers, etc. Every email was answered in a very timely and professional manner. I have a trip to the beach planned starting Friday, and was wanting to take my machine. They were willing, if I overnighted the machine to them, to expedite the repair and overnight the machine back to me prior to my trip Friday; they had it all set up with the techs to get my machine on the bench, repaired, and back to me this week!

However, I checked into cost to overnight via FedEx, and it was $150! OUCH! So I decided not to go that route, and just send it regular FedEx. I notified my contact person at Minelab via email, gave him a tracking number for my package, and he said he'd let the repair center know of the change of plans, and they'd be looking for the machine to arrive in a few days.

Don't know how the repair will go, or the cost, but thus far, VERY impressive.

Steve

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are using a program that automatically sends email when a detector is logged in.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you saying, T_H, that when they receive my machine, and log that it arrived, I'll get an automated email saying they received it?

Steve

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, VERY impressed so far. I had an email in my inbox from Minelab by 8:15 AM this morning. Some back-and-forth via email, exchanging serial numbers, RMA numbers, etc. Every email was answered in a very timely and professional manner. I have a trip to the beach planned starting Friday, and was wanting to take my machine. They were willing, if I overnighted the machine to them, to expedite the repair and overnight the machine back to me prior to my trip Friday; they had it all set up with the techs to get my machine on the bench, repaired, and back to me this week!

However, I checked into cost to overnight via FedEx, and it was $150! OUCH! So I decided not to go that route, and just send it regular FedEx. I notified my contact person at Minelab via email, gave him a tracking number for my package, and he said he'd let the repair center know of the change of plans, and they'd be looking for the machine to arrive in a few days.

Don't know how the repair will go, or the cost, but thus far, VERY impressive.

Steve

Where were told to send it?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you saying, T_H, that when they receive my machine, and log that it arrived, I'll get an automated email saying they received it?

Steve

From what I have read on a couple forums from members who sent in detectors it sounds like they are using a data base system that automatically sends email when item is logged in. There are several data bases available that can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread