Minelab Jamie

Greenie
Jan 17, 2017
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go-Find 40, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We now have an official announcement regarding repairs. Our new repair center is Detector Center and we again request you contact us directly for all your repair needs. Thank you!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
We now have an official announcement regarding repairs. Our new repair center is Detector Center and we again request you contact us directly for all your repair needs. Thank you!
It it does not clear it up for me . Do we send it to Pa.,Fl.,or IL. What is the big secret ? And how will it work with the one in charge lives in Fl. but the repair centers are up north sounds messed up again. And sgoss66 said they are not allowed to tell were they send it . Wow sounds like a mess again to me.

Pacific_Searcher

Sep 30, 2016
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent mine to Florida about 3 weeks ago and was advised via email (after I inquired) that it would be forwarded to PA and all future repairs should be sent to PA.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who exactly is “Detector Center” in PA. Google reveals no such business name?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the business name of the repair center in PA.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It it does not clear it up for me . Do we send it to Pa.,Fl.,or IL. What is the big secret ? And how will it work with the one in charge lives in Fl. but the repair centers are up north sounds messed up again. And sgoss66 said they are not allowed to tell were they send it . Wow sounds like a mess again to me.

Keppy,

Just to clarify -- it wasn't that anyone told me NOT to say where I sent it. It's just that I know Minelab was in a transition with respect to opening the new repair center, and since several folks on the forums asked Minelab Jamie if she could tell them where the new repair center was located but there was no answer given, I simply put two and two together and figured that there were some details to work out/loose ends to tie up, such that maybe Minelab was not ready to broadcast publicly the location of the new repair center. SO I simply tried to respect that.

I sent Minelab an email at the address Jamie provided ([email protected]), and described my issue to them, regarding my Explorer. I got a prompt email reply, and with an hour, I had an RMA number and instructions as to where to send my machine -- which was to the location Jamie has now revealed (Detector Center in Alum Bank, PA).

I have nothing but positive things to say at this point, regarding my experience thus far. Tracy (the person who I have dealt with via email to assist in me getting the unit shipped to the right place) has been extremely prompt and helpful. It has been a good experience for me so far, so hopefully that helps you feel a little better about things.

Steve

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave who ran repair center in Florida has nothing to do with running the repair center in Pa. Kellyco chose to shut the Minelab repair center down located in their warehouse there so Minelab had to find a new location and that location is now in Pa.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's good & bad at the same Time.

I trusted Kellyco 100% they have been there a long time.

but shipping 150 Mile one way instead of 1000 mile one may may be cheaper & maybe even faster if
I ever need to.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's good & bad at the same Time.

I trusted Kellyco 100% they have been there a long time.

but shipping 150 Mile one way instead of 1000 mile one may may be cheaper & maybe even faster if
I ever need to.

only 150? Heck, I'd drive it over and deliver it personally if it was only that far!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
only 150? Heck, I'd drive it over and deliver it personally if it was only that far!
That would be nice if you knew were to drive it to ..PA. or IL. It is all still all a big secret . You would think...... Fort Bedfort ...would chime in.... And Minelab Jamie is she a real person or a computer?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be nice if you knew were to drive it to ..PA. or IL. It is all still all a big secret . You would think...... Fort Bedfort ...would chime in.... And Minelab Jamie is she a real person or a computer?

Jamie is a real person, I have talked to her in the past.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are using a program that automatically sends email when a detector is logged in.

Sounds pretty simple. Wonder why Kellyco never did this. They chose to keep the customer in the dark and many did not even receive any notice that their machine was fixed until it showed up on their doorstep months later.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave who ran repair center in Florida has nothing to do with running the repair center in Pa. Kellyco chose to shut the Minelab repair center down located in their warehouse there so Minelab had to find a new location and that location is now in Pa.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

I am hearing that it was MINELAB that chose to sever the repair facility with Kellyco as they were not meeting the requirements of the customers.

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just had my CTX repaired. It took them two days to repair and turn it around back to me! Great job thank you Jamie. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am hearing that it was MINELAB that chose to sever the repair facility with Kellyco as they were not meeting the requirements of the customers.

You heard wrong.

Sounds pretty simple. Wonder why Kellyco never did this. They chose to keep the customer in the dark and many did not even receive any notice that their machine was fixed until it showed up on their doorstep months later.

Because it is easier to set up the data base from scratch to begin with than after the fact. Every part number and price has to be manually entered into a data base and that takes a lot of time, which new repair center could do before it open on the new center. Dave who ran the repair center at Kellyco told me months ago he was trying to set up the same software, he had it 3/4 complete when repair center decided to shut down, it was hard for him to spend so much time manually inputting hundreds of part numbers and prices then enter every detector they already had received for repairs in the data base when they were so many detector repairs to be done and detectors coming in every day so he was doing it a little at a time.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Keppy, it's not a secret, anymore (assuming it ever really was; that was JUST my "assumption," out of an abundance of caution and trying to be respecful).

http://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/news?article=320105

If your machine develops a problem, email to [email protected], and they will give you an RMA number and address to mail the machine to. So far, we have heard from three different people on this thread who all have had their machines sent to PA for service, as instructed by Minelab.

Steve

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep, I sent mine in with tracking so I knew when it arrived. I had a printed page with all info and problem to be repaired, all my contact information with requests for contact to A- let me know they got it, B- if they needed any other information, C- when they shipped it back to me with the tracking number. None of that is out of line and should have been a normal way of running a repair shop. I never received a single phone call or email. When I would call I would be told they recieved it MUCH later than the proof I had in my hand that they accepted it. No notifications or contact whatsoever until it arrived back at my front door. Inside the box there was zero information about what problem they found, what was repaired or replaced, or even if they had done anything at all. I just had to hope it was working again and actually fixed.

I'm glad the repair center has been moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread