Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Kellyco is no longer repairing Minelab equipment. The new repair facility is located in PA. Here is their number and address.

Detector Center
190 Oak Shade Road
Alum Bank, Pa 15521

Phone numbers are
630-401-8154 and 630-401-8159

I sent my CTX in for repair and was told turn around would be about two weeks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy, it's not a secret, anymore (assuming it ever really was; that was JUST my "assumption," out of an abundance of caution and trying to be respecful).

Minelab News

If your machine develops a problem, email to [email protected], and they will give you an RMA number and address to mail the machine to. So far, we have heard from three different people on this thread who all have had their machines sent to PA for service, as instructed by Minelab.

Steve
That is all i tried to get know were do you send your detector for repairs . And it seemed like it was a secret with a lot of drama put in. Well now i know Pa. is the place to send it i hope it works out for Minelab now and for all of us that need & want repairs..

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will keep everyone informed as to how my repair goes...

Steve

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You heard wrong.

Because it is easier to set up the data base from scratch to begin with than after the fact. Every part number and price has to be manually entered into a data base and that takes a lot of time, which new repair center could do before it open on the new center. Dave who ran the repair center at Kellyco told me months ago he was trying to set up the same software, he had it 3/4 complete when repair center decided to shut down, it was hard for him to spend so much time manually inputting hundreds of part numbers and prices then enter every detector they already had received for repairs in the data base when they were so many detector repairs to be done and detectors coming in every day so he was doing it a little at a time.

Mystery solved! So instead of working on detectors this Dave was spending all this time setting up a data base they did not even end up using. Kellyco could have had a college intern on board to do this type of work at low or no cost. Sounds like they are running this place blindly.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, an update.

I am impressed. FedEx tracking shows that my machine arrived at Detector Center in Alum Bank, PA at 11:21 AM EDT. At 12:07 PM EDT, I got a text message from Detector Center saying that they have my machine, gave me a ticket number, and said I will get updates "as they happen." I also received an email at 12:07 PM EDT. In this email, they outlined/summarized what I wrote in the letter as being the problem I am having with the machine (to let me know that they understand the problem they are looking to troubleshoot). They said they will provide me an update as soon as they have diagnosed the issue, and to contact them if I have any questions.

Wow. Thus far, this exceeds my expectations...

Steve

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, an update.

I am impressed. FedEx tracking shows that my machine arrived at Detector Center in Alum Bank, PA at 11:21 AM EDT. At 12:07 PM EDT, I got a text message from Detector Center saying that they have my machine, gave me a ticket number, and said I will get updates "as they happen." I also received an email at 12:07 PM EDT. In this email, they outlined/summarized what I wrote in the letter as being the problem I am having with the machine (to let me know that they understand the problem they are looking to troubleshoot). They said they will provide me an update as soon as they have diagnosed the issue, and to contact them if I have any questions.

Wow. Thus far, this exceeds my expectations...

Steve

glad to see them running a repair facility the right way!

applause.jpg

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update two -- sent them an email, asking them to call me because I had something I wanted to mention to the repair tech.

They called me within 45 minutes of me sending the email, with the machine already taken apart and in the hands of a Minelab technician on the bench; they are going to let me know when they have diagnosed the problem.

Not sure how I could have asked for anything more thus far...

Steve

Last edited:

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Final update...2:05 PM EDT, got another call from Detector Center. Detector is finished. Wow! They are shipping it back out this afternoon via FedEx. Just over 2 1/2 hours from the time FedEx dropped off the machine, until the repair was completed? And back in the mail to FedEx on the same day it was received? I am impressed.

Problem was with one of the coil wires inside the control box housing; it was rubbing on something on the PCB, either a small soldered-on component, or else a "sharp edge" of the solder joint itself. It rubbed all the way through the outer insulation of the wire, to the conductor itself. In any case, they fixed the wire issue and bench tested -- no more overload signal, all is working properly. They charged me only a labor charge ($37.50), plus return shipping cost -- total out of my pocket (a non-warranty repair), $60.

Very, very impressive.

Steve

Pacific_Searcher

Sep 30, 2016
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got an email from Minelab that my excal II is finished and shipping out today. exactly 1 day less then three weeks from the day i shipped it from Hawaii and this was non warranty work. I'm happy.

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha, that's funny...when I talked to them on the phone and they told me mine was going to ship this afternoon, they told me they had "two more of them to send with the FedEx guy, along with mine..."

Looks like yours must have been one of the other two they were talking about!

Glad you are happy with your service also.

Steve

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mystery solved! So instead of working on detectors this Dave was spending all this time setting up a data base they did not even end up using. Kellyco could have had a college intern on board to do this type of work at low or no cost. Sounds like they are running this place blindly.

For your info dave worked on the data base after working 10 hours a day on the repairs, not during the day, I know because I called him multiple times to get him to night hunt the beaches with me and he couldn't do it as he was working on the data base..

Now end the bashing of Kellyco and the repair center.

Last edited:

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't be happier with the way my repair was handled by Minelab and the new repair center :clapping: I shipped it out Tuesday Sept. 26th, they got it Thursday the 28th, I received a text that evening informing me that they had the detector and it was on the bench the same day. Friday I got an e-mail from Minelab telling me the CTX had arrived at the repair center and they would keep me informed about the progress. Got a text from the repair center on Tuesday Oct. 3rd telling me my CTX was done and would be shipping out the same day. Later in the day I got 2 e-mails from Minelab, one stating my CTX was done and the other was my tracking number. I got it today and all is well :thumbup: Kudo's to Minelab, hopefully this is the rule and not an exception to the repair woes in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread