New around here

Crotalidae75

Dec 9, 2021
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite
Well, I decided to join this forum, because I had recently taken an interest in gold prospecting... after watching Dan Hurd's videos on Youtube, I decided it might an interesting thing to do. I'm not entirely new to treasure hunting, though, having done some metal detecting in years past, but not in some time now. I have an older Minelab Sovereign Elite, with the Sunray pinpointer, and a 180-modded meter as well. Living in the Sacramento region, I am not very far from the famous Mother Lode that ignited the California Gold Rush over a century and a half ago.

Sure enough, I mentioned it to my brother and he's keen on finding a spot somewhere nearby in the hills east of Sacramento to possibly make a placer mining claim. In fact I found such a site, but I have yet to scout it out, although there doesn't appear to be any current mining claims on it. At some point I will have to contact the BLM to verify all of that, and ask for map of a nearby mining claim, so I know exactly where its boundaries are.

So, hopefully I get into this interesting hobby/past-time, as it seems like a hell of a lot of fun. I have a handful of questions regarding mining claims and the like but I figure I'll ask in the relevant forums.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from upstate NY! Lots of knowledge here and people freely share. It's a great place.

OP
OP
Crotalidae75

Crotalidae75

Dec 9, 2021
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

Actually, I did have my state listed, as above... Northern California. But I went and set my location to US, in my profile, since I missed that part. And, thanks, I'll take a look at the California-specific forum. My questions relate to making mining claims, I'm sure someone will have an answer.

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Texas :wave:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I did have my state listed, as above... Northern California. But I went and set my location to US, in my profile, since I missed that part. And, thanks, I'll take a look at the California-specific forum. My questions relate to making mining claims, I'm sure someone will have an answer.
discipline.gif
Shame on me! Seems that I had a senior moment. :) Take a look at Forum: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia.

OP
OP
Crotalidae75

Crotalidae75

Dec 9, 2021
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite
Just wanted to thank everyone for their welcomes. I'm about to post in the California-specific forum there, about my questions regarding mining claims - despite my best efforts, a few things about the procedure aren't so clear. Anyway, thanks, everyone.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, I decided to join this forum, because I had recently taken an interest in gold prospecting... after watching Dan Hurd's videos on Youtube, I decided it might an interesting thing to do. I'm not entirely new to treasure hunting, though, having done some metal detecting in years past, but not in some time now. I have an older Minelab Sovereign Elite, with the Sunray pinpointer, and a 180-modded meter as well. Living in the Sacramento region, I am not very far from the famous Mother Lode that ignited the California Gold Rush over a century and a half ago.

Sure enough, I mentioned it to my brother and he's keen on finding a spot somewhere nearby in the hills east of Sacramento to possibly make a placer mining claim. In fact I found such a site, but I have yet to scout it out, although there doesn't appear to be any current mining claims on it. At some point I will have to contact the BLM to verify all of that, and ask for map of a nearby mining claim, so I know exactly where its boundaries are.

So, hopefully I get into this interesting hobby/past-time, as it seems like a hell of a lot of fun. I have a handful of questions regarding mining claims and the like but I figure I'll ask in the relevant forums.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello.
Welcome to the forum!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the great forum!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to a VERY FINE internet forum !! TREASURENET :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread