New AT Pro user!

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use headphones when in Pro/Zero mode. Not as crucial in Standard mode.
Make sure all connections are snug before immersing in water.
That 5"Ă—8" coil is a beast.
Have fun!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swing it like you stole it!!!! Gopherdagold is dead on , pro zero and get you the 5x8. :icon_thumleft:

RwP

Feb 12, 2020
Midwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read owners manual couple times, set up a test garden if you don't have one. Make sure you understand the ground balance. Comment's above good also.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Pro zero. Dig everything for the first while till you get used to the sounds. Soon you’ll know what it’s telling you. Dig solid repeatables. Swing slow and low, over lap your swings with that 5x8 coil. Dig every pull tab signal that you hit and you will get the gold rings.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use it and dig it all for a while. You'll get to know it's language!

OP
OP
Coinboy

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one comes with a 5x8 as stock

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Agree with all the above. Use the headphones (one ear only for safety) to increase battery life. Is the drag back pinpoint in the instructions (can’t remember)? Get good at that.

I still don’t discriminate after a couple of years (I only use Pro-zero). The number of times a questionable target turned out to be something good and just sitting funny or beside another metal makes me dig everything. That said, I bookmarked this old post for myself for the info.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...ett-pro-target-id-sheet-where-can-i-find.html

Invest in some silicone grease (scuba supply) to use on your o-rings.

Good luck and HH.

Last edited:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Yes that’s good advise about the “O” ring on the AT Pro. I put a new small amount of grease film around it every time I do a water hunt. Been using this stuff for almost 10 yrs and never had a problem. Still original “O” ring and never had a leak either.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
.... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1585068175.738151.jpg

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Yep. I use this one on all three rings (coil, headphones and battery compartment) as well as the ring on my orange carrot.

Do I need it? Maybe not but I’d rather not find out the hard way...

IMG_9009.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread