leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
i was going to do yet another rebuild, the old motor was 4 years old and getting hard to start and leaking gas.
went to walmart to get a new spark plug for it and saw this one for $114.00.
i have built 4 of these now over the years and this one was the easiest yet to build.
i didnt have to cut a wood spacer for the lid.
i just cut a circular hole in the lid with about 1 inch extra to screw to and cut 4 slits for tabs.
melted and bent the tabs up. i did use a wrap of gorilla tape on the outside of the tabs as i wasnt sure if
where tabs separated would be an air leak. i dont think i needed it.
you might see some melted smeared plastic on the bottom of the lid, this is where i had to drill
a few holes to fit a torx screwdriver to reattach the two halfs of the blower. i simply filled the holes
by melting the plastic and closed them up.
i took it out this weekend and it works very good.
i have it attached to a 7 gallon screw top pool chlorine tablet bucket.
i would have liked to use a 5 gallon as the 7 is top heavy and likes to tip until it has some dirt in it.
also i used the tube for the blower as a quick disconect for hooking up the drywasher.
the name on it is black max. 400 cfm/ 150 mph.
pictures are worth a 1000 words so here you go.

Attachments

• 20201208_125018 (2).jpg
    20201208_125018 (2).jpg
    1,023.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 20201208_125026 (2).jpg
    20201208_125026 (2).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • 20201208_125108 (2).jpg
    20201208_125108 (2).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I would think warm exhaust would be good for the dry-washer.
NO ! Not exhaust gas fumes ! They carry residual oil and carbon deposit's that will float your fine gold away! For a dry washer using a blower , paint the feed hose to the DW from the blower in black paint to utilize the sun's heat ! I used this info from a friend of mine in Alq. New Mexico ( Phil Hontz ) and it helped a lot!

OP
OP
L

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
after looking it over. i could plug the exhaust port going into the blower tube and
drill holes directly into the metal muffler box. as a bonus, that would probably give it more power having less restriction.
this vacuum has more suction than any of the others i have built. it can suck up a 9mm bullet
vs my echo that cant even suck up half a 22lr. yes, i have seen gold with oil from just from my hands float.
im not realy into gold that floats. i know it adds up, but hard to separate, and when you can get nice little
1 grain bits (that dont float)
vs dust, what would you choose. i know a place over on little san domingo where you can dig about a gram
a day of that dust. untill im getting massive blow by, and at that time it will be the end of the blowers life,
im very happy with what it is and how it works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread