New Book by Ron Feldman

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Ron Feldman has a new book out, about his 50+ year search for the Dutchman. Lots of good history in it, including his time with "Crazy Jake" and Brian Lickman. Muchas Gracias azdave35 for picking up a copy for me at the museum book signing!:occasion14::icon_salut:

I read it pretty quick as it was a good read. I don't want to go into too much detail as it's a new book and I don't want to ruin it for anyone. If you're like me and love the history of the area and LDM searchers in general, I give it five stars.

I didn't see it on Amazon like Ron's earlier books (Crooked Mountain is another one of my favorites) but if you get ahold of the Rock Shop I'm sure they can get a copy in the mail. I don't want to put phone numbers or email addresses in my posts due to internet bots, so just google "mammoth mine rock shop" and scroll down to "contact us" for info.

Anyone else know if there's an online ordering option, pls post. Thanks, Jim

OP
OP
PotBelly Jim

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Chuck,

Not sure, Dave got my copy for me. I would try calling them, Ron's probably still hanging around the shop right now, if not someone will be there tomorrow a.m.

PS - here's the website link where you can get the phone number:

https://mammothminerockshop.com/

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the heads up, Jim. Looking forward to getting my hands on a copy. What's the title, btw?

EDIT: "The Lost Dutchman Mine: Evolution of a Treasure Hunter."

New book coming soon

Last edited:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice website .. Some high dollar rocks!

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This book is still not available online, anywhere.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I got my copy of this book- courtesy of Jim who was very kind to get me a copy, and Dave who mailed it for me. I know it must have killed him to do something for a bleeding heart liberal and an anti-capitalism, progressive.

The book is a good read, it offers a first hand account of the ending of the "wild west" era of dutch-hunting, a time when people were still dynamiting in the mountains and taking potshots at each other, and probably the last quick draw shootout (1973). It offers a glimpse into the well-known characters of that era, Crazy Jake, Al Morrow, Shakespeare-quoting Chuck Aylor, Ted Cox, et al.

It was kind of surprising (although it shouldn't have surprised me) to find out that Crazy Jake was never really interested in the LDM, but did just enough to give the impression that money from investors was actually being put to use. He was out there to fleece investors who had heard of the LDM and had gold in their eyes.

Without revealing too much- I think that the book, especially the ending, really puts an end to the speculation of whether the Pit Mine/Silver Chief ever was the LDM itself.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I got my copy of this book- courtesy of Jim who was very kind to get me a copy, and Dave who mailed it for me. I know it must have killed him to do something for a bleeding heart liberal and an anti-capitalism, progressive.

The book is a good read, it offers a first hand account of the ending of the "wild west" era of dutch-hunting, a time when people were still dynamiting in the mountains and taking potshots at each other, and probably the last quick draw shootout (1973). It offers a glimpse into the well-known characters of that era, Crazy Jake, Al Morrow, Shakespeare-quoting Chuck Aylor, Ted Cox, et al.

It was kind of surprising (although it shouldn't have surprised me) to find out that Crazy Jake was never really interested in the LDM, but did just enough to give the impression that money from investors was actually being put to use. He was out there to fleece investors who had heard of the LDM and had gold in their eyes.

Without revealing too much- I think that the book, especially the ending, really puts an end to the speculation of whether the Pit Mine/Silver Chief ever was the LDM itself.
arthur...glad i could help...this is a time when we should all be sticking together..not worried about each other's political beliefs ..glad you enjoyed ron's book...he did a great job on it.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marlin Cortez, no spam links

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marlin Cortez, you are violating our rules by using multiple names including in this thread and by posting spam.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread