New Book by T E Glover Available

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Dr. Glover’s new book, “The Lost Dutchman Mine of Jacob Waltz, Unraveling a Mystery”, is available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Dutchma...gateway&sprefix=lost+dutchman,aps,306&sr=8-13

Quantities are limited in this first printing.

The cover artwork is very similar to his first book, “The Lost Dutchman Mine: Part 1, The Golden Dream”, so make sure if you’re ordering that it’s “Unraveling a Mystery” and not “Part 1, the Golden Dream”.

Content Review:

30-plus years of research and field work are apparent in Dr. Glover’s fourth and final book on the Dutchman. He tracked down and discusses Waltz’s mining partner Jacob Weiss(er), his sudden (documented) death in 1867, Weiss’s brother Nicholas, and their farm in Arizona. There’s detail about Waltz’s life and activities in CA, and more on the Peralta family and their involvement. Dr. Glover also revisits the Dutchman ore analysis he took part in years ago; revealing new details about the ore composition that at the time, were not released to the public.

Dr. Oertel, continuing his research into Waltz’s life and family in Germany, makes an updated appearance which will leave no doubt as to who Jacob Waltz really was, his educational background, and how he got from Germany to America. Dr. Glover visits Waltz’s family farm in Germany, and makes some interesting discoveries along the way.

Dr. Glover then makes a detailed study of Waltz’s time in the Bradshaws, his mining activity and the people involved, and finally the people and events that led up to Waltz departing the area to live in what would become Phoenix. In this portion, Dr. Glover reveals connections that could answer the question of why Waltz moved to the Salt River Valley and why he located on a portion of school land instead of claiming 160 acres under the Homestead Act. Spoiler alert: The Starar’s and another early German settler are involved.

In the latter part of the book, Dr. Glover studies Waltz’s later life in detail, including a very good investigation into the shooting of Pedro Ortega at Waltz’s house. He also takes a detailed look at what Waltz was doing on his property, and how others may have taken advantage of Waltz’s situation, in the years and months leading up to the devastating flood of 1891 that ruined Waltz’s life on his small piece of remaining land.

Like his other works on the subject, Dr. Glover provides detailed and accurate footnotes and endnotes for all his sources, something perhaps we’ve all gotten used to, but was relatively rare in the field when he came along with his first book 21 years ago.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Potbelly

I ordered Dr. Glover’s Book
Amazon said it’ll take about a month to ship.
They must be sending it to him to Sign then to me.
Dr. In his title, What is he exactly a doctor of.

wrmickel1 ps don’t tell anyone I bought my first book ever.

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr. Thomas Glover is a PHD (Doctor of Philosophy) and received it in Genetics. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Jeep Nomad

Greenie
Aug 19, 2017
Peoria, AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dr. Glover's 2019 Book

Dr. Thomas Glover is a PHD (Doctor of Philosophy) and received it in Genetics. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

I received my copy of his latest book which was personally signed. Many thanks for the wealth of information and professional preparation. I have spent this past winter geologically mapping the Big Rebel and surrounding area. I've located a large east to west vein that is probably the General Grant.

Discussion about LDM ore possibly containing tellurium are interesting. Does anyone have a copy of the chemical analysis that was performed on the Matchbox and other LDM items?

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Dr. Glover’s new book, “The Lost Dutchman Mine of Jacob Waltz, Unraveling a Mystery”, is available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Dutchma...gateway&sprefix=lost+dutchman,aps,306&sr=8-13

Quantities are limited in this first printing.

The cover artwork is very similar to his first book, “The Lost Dutchman Mine: Part 1, The Golden Dream”, so make sure if you’re ordering that it’s “Unraveling a Mystery” and not “Part 1, the Golden Dream”.

Content Review:

30-plus years of research and field work are apparent in Dr. Glover’s fourth and final book on the Dutchman. He tracked down and discusses Waltz’s mining partner Jacob Weiss(er), his sudden (documented) death in 1867, Weiss’s brother Nicholas, and their farm in Arizona. There’s detail about Waltz’s life and activities in CA, and more on the Peralta family and their involvement. Dr. Glover also revisits the Dutchman ore analysis he took part in years ago; revealing new details about the ore composition that at the time, were not released to the public.

Dr. Oertel, continuing his research into Waltz’s life and family in Germany, makes an updated appearance which will leave no doubt as to who Jacob Waltz really was, his educational background, and how he got from Germany to America. Dr. Glover visits Waltz’s family farm in Germany, and makes some interesting discoveries along the way.

Dr. Glover then makes a detailed study of Waltz’s time in the Bradshaws, his mining activity and the people involved, and finally the people and events that led up to Waltz departing the area to live in what would become Phoenix. In this portion, Dr. Glover reveals connections that could answer the question of why Waltz moved to the Salt River Valley and why he located on a portion of school land instead of claiming 160 acres under the Homestead Act. Spoiler alert: The Starar’s and another early German settler are involved.

In the latter part of the book, Dr. Glover studies Waltz’s later life in detail, including a very good investigation into the shooting of Pedro Ortega at Waltz’s house. He also takes a detailed look at what Waltz was doing on his property, and how others may have taken advantage of Waltz’s situation, in the years and months leading up to the devastating flood of 1891 that ruined Waltz’s life on his small piece of remaining land.

Like his other works on the subject, Dr. Glover provides detailed and accurate footnotes and endnotes for all his sources, something perhaps we’ve all gotten used to, but was relatively rare in the field when he came along with his first book 21 years ago.

PB Jim,
You do nice posts! I have enjoyed reading many, many of your posts. Your content review looks like this is a good read. I didn't see this thread when I first came here a few months ago. Checked your link and there was one available . . . . I pulled the trigger and got it. It will be my first book purchase concerning the LDM. I guess I can officially be called a dutch hunter now ???:BangHead::thumbsup:

Thanks again for posting this (I know it was last June, but thanks)
Idaho Dutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
PB Jim,
You do nice posts! I have enjoyed reading many, many of your posts. Your content review looks like this is a good read. I didn't see this thread when I first came here a few months ago. Checked your link and there was one available . . . . I pulled the trigger and got it. It will be my first book purchase concerning the LDM. I guess I can officially be called a dutch hunter now ???:BangHead::thumbsup:

Thanks again for posting this (I know it was last June, but thanks)
Idaho Dutch

The book came today! I did not realize that it was going to be a signed copy. Started to read it, and I think it is going to be worth the read.
Back to work, and then I can read some more tonight.

OP
OP
PotBelly Jim

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats, Idaho! I spoke to Dr. Glover today and there is only one book left. He's thinking about getting another batch printed up, but no guarantees. If he does get another batch printed I'll post here once they're available.

jacobwaltz

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2012
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone

Can anyone help me locate a copy of this new book by Dr. Glover? I can't find any online nor at the Superstition museum and I'd like to buy one for my father's 70th birthday

Many thanks,

Jacob

jacobwaltz

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2012
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received my copy of his latest book which was personally signed. Many thanks for the wealth of information and professional preparation. I have spent this past winter geologically mapping the Big Rebel and surrounding area. I've located a large east to west vein that is probably the General Grant.

Discussion about LDM ore possibly containing tellurium are interesting. Does anyone have a copy of the chemical analysis that was performed on the Matchbox and other LDM items?

Jeep,

Care to take me along next time? I'm near Peoria and would love to check out JW activity up north! I can pay gas money...haha. Well I hope I can at least track down a couple copies of Dr. Glover's new book, one for me one for dear old dad!

JW

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jacobwaltz, try these book sellers:

abebooks.com
addall.com

I've had luck finding treasure hunting related books new and used at each site.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
44C8280B-0ED9-4A03-A4F3-00747E2DC3BD.jpeg

I got mine in the display Case at home.

Babymick1

Smaclane1812

Tenderfoot
Dec 10, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone happen to know where I can find a copy of this book for purchase? Cant seem to find it anywhere. Thanks.

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone happen to know where I can find a copy of this book for purchase? Cant seem to find it anywhere. Thanks.
Gentlemen: You have to order the book directly from Tom Glover. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis, Tom Glover just informed that his new book is sold out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PotBelly Jim

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Gentlemen: You have to order the book directly from Tom Glover. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis, Tom Glover just informed that his new book is sold out.
Greg, the first printing of this book has been completely sold out since early 2020. Thomas no longer has any copies available. At this time, there's no plans to do a second printing. If that ever changes, I'll make sure and update this thread to let folks know. Take care, Jim

EDIT: Greg, for some reason your update after your signature above didn't register with me while I was replying :tongue3:
Now I see you had already let people know it was sold out...ay caramba! Past my bedtime:D

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New member was banned for editing spam links into other member's quotes.

Spammers will be banned!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions