Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See what y'all think. I currently have the Canon Rebel xs so this was kind of an upgrade. It probably has a lot of features I won't figure out or even use. Haven't taken any pics with it yet, but I hope to head up to Wyoming tomorrow and try it out.
9-10y.jpg
9-10z.jpg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good.But like you said with soooo many bells & whistles these things have,(unless you use it everyday) most people will forget what half of them do.:BangHead:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good.But like you said with soooo many bells & whistles these things have,(unless you use it everyday) most people will forget what half of them do.:BangHead:
RTR your comment here hit the NAIL RIGHT ON the HEAD !!!

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See what y'all think. I currently have the Canon Rebel xs so this was kind of an upgrade. It probably has a lot of features I won't figure out or even use. Haven't taken any pics with it yet, but I hope to head up to Wyoming tomorrow and try it out. View attachment 2045816 View attachment 2045820
Cannon makes great cameras. May I suggest you look at the latest Nikon Coolpix camera. Don't know anything about what your camera requirements are, but not having to carry around a bag full of lenses is a fantastic thing.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
funny, i brought a camera in japan on the way to vietnam,used it for two years , then took a course and found out i didnt know anything ,but now you can just look on you tube, great camera,good luck

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gosh all I got is my phone now that the camera-thats only a camera- went on the blink. even this phone camera does things I'm to simple minded to understand. I sure miss a fair amount of good photo opps now. Last one was just below the summit of cottonwood, west side in the high meadow around 6pm, there was a huge bull moose out there foraging in the thick brush that was just a bit to far and dark for this phone cam to do anything worth the effort. Maybe you can go look for him up there. He was about 1/2 mile below timberline in that big open alpine meadow.

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I'm a Canon fan. Stay with one brand so that if you ever upgrade you don't have to get a bunch of new lenses. (This may change in the future so this is just a general statement.) I've gotten new models but just had to buy the body since I already had a bunch of lenses. Thinking about getting the T8i. I like having a "real" camera with an actual eyepiece since trying to look at a screen in the sun is next to impossible.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, didn't read with understanding that you already had the new one. On the plus side for you of course is the fact that those individual lenses will produce a bit better photos. Win/win for you. looking forward to lots of pics.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cannon makes great cameras. May I suggest you look at the latest Nikon Coolpix camera. Don't know anything about what your camera requirements are, but not having to carry around a bag full of lenses is a fantastic thing.
Here's an example of what it can do.
20210113_110131.jpg
DSCN0264.JPG

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice looking camera.
Remember to charge up the batteries.
Looking forward in seeing some scenery photos of the trip.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a big fan of Canon camera. My first 35mm SLR was a Canon (film). Used it for years and wore it out. Them went to digital... am on my 2nd one now. Love 'em! Congratulations on your choice.! The EOS's seem to be very handy camera. By the way, there are lots of things on my current one I don't understand and that I will probably never use!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far I'm happy with it. It doesn't have that great of reviews, but it works for what I want. I would say if I was tryin to make money off of pics I would go with Nikon, haha! The best thing, part of the country I live in it's pretty hard to take a bad pic, so almost any camera will get you by. And to see how technology upgrades, I hardly ever see any posts these days starting out with 'Sorry, took these with my cell phone...'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread