TankerRobbie

Sep 22, 2013
Duncannon, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT.
Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, all just want to put this out there, I will be starting a new metal detecting Club. Located out of Duncannon, Pa 17020. Here is the preliminary logo. this group will be a family-friendly social club for all ages and experience levels.

Metal detecting, Magnet fishing, Gold prospecting ( eventually)

If anyone has any experience starting a group from the ground up any and all advice is welcome.

fell free to contact me with questions or comments, once a healthy membership interest is established I will find a place for a public meeting so we can establish our rules and regs as well as start discussing group outings, make notes of any possible permissions that could be beneficial for the group.

Happy Hunting

Rob

Attachments

• AHH.jpg
    AHH.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 36
Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TankerRobbie

Sep 22, 2013
Duncannon, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT.
Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, all just want to put this out there, I will be starting a new metal detecting Club. Located out of Duncannon, Pa 17020. Here is the preliminary logo. this group will be a family-friendly social club for all ages and experience levels.

Metal detecting, Magnet fishing, Gold prospecting ( eventually)

If anyone has any experience starting a group from the ground up any and all advice is welcome.

fell free to contact me with questions or comments, once a healthy membership interest is established I will find a place for a public meeting so we can establish our rules and regs as well as start discussing group outings, make notes of any possible permissions that could be beneficial for the group.

Happy Hunting

Rob

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It takes time, money, and volunteers to get a club off the ground. Usually you end up with just a core group that does all the work and the rest just go along for the ride. Finding a meeting place for a reasonable price is getting to be a problem in many places. Some restaurants have meeting rooms, but, most require a minimum of food purchase. I our area, most public rooms are still closed due to Covid restrictions. Insurance is another substantial expense depending on the needs of the club. The main problem is getting people to fill the necessary club officers and positions. Usually, Secretary, Treasurer, and Newsletter/Website Editor are the hardest positions to fill. Good Luck!

OP
OP
T

TankerRobbie

Sep 22, 2013
Duncannon, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT.
Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It takes time, money, and volunteers to get a club off the ground. Usually you end up with just a core group that does all the work and the rest just go along for the ride. Finding a meeting place for a reasonable price is getting to be a problem in many places. Some restaurants have meeting rooms, but, most require a minimum of food purchase. I our area, most public rooms are still closed due to Covid restrictions. Insurance is another substantial expense depending on the needs of the club. The main problem is getting people to fill the necessary club officers and positions. Usually, Secretary, Treasurer, and Newsletter/Website Editor are the hardest positions to fill. Good Luck!
thanks, those are all valid points, so right now I'm starting off on the informal side until we have a following to warrant taking the bigger steps and forming a structure, so to start, waver/release of liability forms for anyone who wants to come out and participate and general releases for property owners who grant permission. then once funds are raised and a structure is formed gen liability insurance I hope this thing takes off

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread