Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shambler

Aug 18, 2008
Under the Trees
Let me get this straight. You told a club of people about your producing spot (a spot that you've had luck at with your White's machine) and the club went in and "stole" it from you and now there are no more finds there? I'm assuming this was private property?

Last edited:
OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I guess your saying it never happens, or has happened. HH

Shambler

Aug 18, 2008
Under the Trees
Actually, what I'm saying is your post is just drama. All of my interactions with clubs in Indiana have been super positive - they are filled with GREAT people. If you were a member of HEAR or CIMDC then you broke the club rules. They've both always had an explicit rule about NOT talking about spots. This is to protect the reckless members like yourself.

Bottom line, if a club member went into your public spot (the one YOU told them about), you should get over it. It's public. If they went to your private spot, you should ask for exclusive permission, but again, it was your bad decision to announce a good spot to a group of people. No club does background checks on it's members to make sure they wouldn't detect spots you tell them about. So now you're on treasurenet disparaging good people because you made a poor choice.

Besides, how paranoid does it sound to accuse people who spend dozens of hours a year (the officers spend hundreds of hours a year) operating a club because they want to steal your wheat pennies..... :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reckless and wheat pennies what a laugh, I don't even care to find them anymore. Yes if in the clubs you talk about one shouldn't say anything about their spot. HH

Shambler

Aug 18, 2008
Under the Trees
Reckless and wheat pennies what a laugh, I don't even care to find them anymore. Yes if in the clubs you talk about one shouldn't say anything about their spot. HH

How about bad decisions and gold rings? Same result. You haven't been in either of the clubs closest to you because if you had, you'd already know what you posted is wrong. Bottom line is you control what sites you divulge, so be smart about it.

This is a screen cap from the club rules document for HEAR and CIMDC. It's been with HEAR since their third month (10 years ago) and CIMDC since the day it started this summer.

Attachments

• 2018-09-11 13_41_31-Lessons Learned.doc_20180625111502.doc [Compatibility Mode] - Microsoft Word.png
    2018-09-11 13_41_31-Lessons Learned.doc_20180625111502.doc [Compatibility Mode] - Microsoft Word.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still doesn't keep new people wanting to learn from getting their spot stolen, as somebody will ask to learn and club people will offer to teach them if they have a good spot to take them. Some people are just too trusting, does that mean they should get scammed? I for one don't think they should. HH

Shambler

Aug 18, 2008
Under the Trees
Still doesn't keep new people wanting to learn from getting their spot stolen, as somebody will ask to learn and club people will offer to teach them if they have a good spot to take them. Some people are just too trusting, does that mean they should get scammed? I for one don't think they should. HH

My experience has seen most seasoned hobbyists bring those new to the hobby to their spots to teach them, not the other way around.

The whole purpose of a club is to bring people together for mutual enjoyment. Some participate more than others, but I have yet to see someone intentionally hurt another club member, but I have seen PLENTY of people sling insults and formulate conspiracies using Forums and Facebook without ever having met a single person.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread