New detector= SILVER STREAK!!!

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20190519_193313.jpg 20190516_164917.jpg 2019-05-10 09.39.38.jpg
The 58' I found tonight... the others I've found this past week. Wow... I'm impressed with the land ranger pro. I've been digging only high signals and it is really helping me to not get frustrated because I'm finding mostly clad and silver! I know that I could be missing gold but where I'm hunting I don't think there is a high chance. I'll save digging everything for busy parks and beaches.

Attachments

• 20190519_193319.jpg
    20190519_193319.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cherry pick spots to. Nice Silver!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! Seems like that LRP is doing great for ya.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job! Seems like that LRP is doing great for ya.

Thanks! It took awhile to get used to... it's so complicated compared to the bh jr. but now I've got the hang of it. Thanks for all your tips and help!!! I'm not sorry I bought it that's for sure!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
And here I'm sitting with my CTX, a big buck machine to match my ego? Nah, my big buck machine is quite humbled by your Land Ranger Pro......

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice sailboats! Congrats! :icon_thumleft: I find lots of Canadian coins where I live. Found my first sailboat last year. Keep swinging girl!

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So do you ever get out to our beaches here in Manitoba?

Very rarely. I don't live that close to a beach plus I don't have a water detector. Went today but didn't find much because Gimli beach is dragged. Closest beach is Birds Hill park but I don't drive yet and no body else detects in my family. So I mostly do play grounds in my area that I can walk to because they are easily accessible to me.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Very rarely. I don't live that close to a beach plus I don't have a water detector. Went today but didn't find much because Gimli beach is dragged. Closest beach is Birds Hill park but I don't drive yet and no body else detects in my family. So I mostly do play grounds in my area that I can walk to because they are easily accessible to me.

Oh I see. I’ve hit Gimli quite a few times over the years and found some gold in the water. Pulled out a 1919 silver quarter from the water a few yrs ago. Birds Hill gets hunted over lots. So many guys hunt that place.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh I see. I’ve hit Gimli quite a few times over the years and found some gold in the water. Pulled out a 1919 silver quarter from the water a few yrs ago. Birds Hill gets hunted over lots. So many guys hunt that place.

Nice! Like I said I'm more of a grass/park hunter because I don't have a water detector. Most good stuff is in the water right? Is there good areas to check in the sandy parts? I need head phones though... I got asked so many questions and so many people stood and watched me lol!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find.
Yes, you need headphones.
You're missing deep targets without them.
There's plenty to find on the beach above the water line.
Lots of change in the soft sand and an occasional chain or earring.
Good luck, keep diggin.
Deep1

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Nice! Like I said I'm more of a grass/park hunter because I don't have a water detector. Most good stuff is in the water right? Is there good areas to check in the sandy parts? I need head phones though... I got asked so many questions and so many people stood and watched me lol!

Yeah I’ve found more gold and good stuff in the water. I used to hunt a lot in the parks and did pretty good finding some gold rings and silvers. Sandy parts at the beach usually where the towel lines are close to the water are where most stuff is lost out of the water. I get asked too lots of questions lol. I’ve always wanted to try some old abandoned places here in MB.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I’ve found more gold and good stuff in the water. I used to hunt a lot in the parks and did pretty good finding some gold rings and silvers. Sandy parts at the beach usually where the towel lines are close to the water are where most stuff is lost out of the water. I get asked too lots of questions lol. I’ve always wanted to try some old abandoned places here in MB.

Yah I want to do old homes or schools or something but don't know where to find them. Do you mind me asking where you found gold in the parks? (Picnic areas, swings ect.) What types of parks where they? (I don't need name because you might want to keep that to yourself, but what type... playgrounds, sledding hills, etc.)
Also, where does gold generally ring in? I want to find gold but there are so many signals in the gold range at the playgrounds that I end up giving up because it's too much trash. Gold doesn't jump around too much right? When I found silver it was 71, 72 and it didn't jump. I've a new machine and have only detected one season (which isn't long where we live lol)... and so far I've found several silver items but no gold yet. Another thing... my machine doesn't seem to like loonies. Put one in a plug where I found a penny and it gave jumpy signals and gave no depth indication... it should have because if I found a penny that deep it then a dollar should have shown up much better 'cause it's way bigger.

Last edited:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Well apparently MB has quite a few ghost towns and abandoned buildings if you google it. When I first started detecting in 2009 I went to a lot of parks and schools. I live in the North Kildonan area, if you’re familiar. The parks I have found gold in were Kildonan park, Birdshill park in the camp grounds early in the spring or fall when no one is camping I would detect the camp sites. Assiniboine park, Mcivor park and a few other smaller parks in the neighbourhood. Schools I didn’t do to well in with the gold. One elementary school I found a small 10k ring. A few high schools I’ve found a silver ring a silver pendant and a mercury dime. Gold will ring up as different numbers and in ranges depending on many different reasons , depth, size, ground conditions, type of gold..what Karat purity. I know you said you own a bounty hunter and I’m not too familiar with that detector but if it has a numerical read out then gold is going to fall anywhere from the low 40’s to mid to high 70’s. Now for a general idea woman’s thin gold bands will ring up in the low to high 40’s (44-49) and a mans regular wedding band 50’s to mid 60’s and your larger higher karat rings will be higher 60’s to mid high 70’s. On my At Pro I found a mans 17gram 22k gold ring at the beach a few yrs back and it rang in the 70’s I can’t remember exact # on the AT Pro but it made the banner finds if you want to read about it. Loonies and toonies are hit and miss as some sound different than others. Some were made of different metals when they first came out. The new ones today can sound jumpy and choppy. Pennies will of course sound better because they were made of copper and nickel back in the day and the newer ones still sound good cause they’re made of zinc. If you need anymore pointers or would like to try some other beaches and places to detect here in MB feel free to PM me. I’m primarily a beach hunter now but still love to hit the parks once in a while.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well apparently MB has quite a few ghost towns and abandoned buildings if you google it. When I first started detecting in 2009 I went to a lot of parks and schools. I live in the North Kildonan area, if you’re familiar. The parks I have found gold in were Kildonan park, Birdshill park in the camp grounds early in the spring or fall when no one is camping I would detect the camp sites. Assiniboine park, Mcivor park and a few other smaller parks in the neighbourhood. Schools I didn’t do to well in with the gold. One elementary school I found a small 10k ring. A few high schools I’ve found a silver ring a silver pendant and a mercury dime. Gold will ring up as different numbers and in ranges depending on many different reasons , depth, size, ground conditions, type of gold..what Karat purity. I know you said you own a bounty hunter and I’m not too familiar with that detector but if it has a numerical read out then gold is going to fall anywhere from the low 40’s to mid to high 70’s. Now for a general idea woman’s thin gold bands will ring up in the low to high 40’s (44-49) and a mans regular wedding band 50’s to mid 60’s and your larger higher karat rings will be higher 60’s to mid high 70’s. On my At Pro I found a mans 17gram 22k gold ring at the beach a few yrs back and it rang in the 70’s I can’t remember exact # on the AT Pro but it made the banner finds if you want to read about it. Loonies and toonies are hit and miss as some sound different than others. Some were made of different metals when they first came out. The new ones today can sound jumpy and choppy. Pennies will of course sound better because they were made of copper and nickel back in the day and the newer ones still sound good cause they’re made of zinc. If you need anymore pointers or would like to try some other beaches and places to detect here in MB feel free to PM me. I’m primarily a beach hunter now but still love to hit the parks once in a while.

Thanks for taking the time to write all that and for the tips. Kildonan park is pretty close to where I live but I'm scared to detect it because it's so well taken care of. The dirt is so hard around here that no matter how carefully I cut my plug I end up with a dry spot were the plug was. I try to dig a deep plug but either the ground is too hard so I can't or too soft so it falls apart. Nature parks like Birds hill isn't as scary because they wouldn't be as picky.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Don’t be scared to try Kildonan park. I’ve detected their so many times never had a problem. The grounds keepers look at you and could care less. No rules against detecting in our public parks or schools so no worries. As long as you can get the plug out and back in, a little dirt around the whole is no buggy. I’m more scared of the dogs that people let of their leashes in parks and schools than I am worried about a little dirt around my plugs. What you can do is take a towel with you or some guys use a frisbee and lay it down next to your plug...all the dirt you remove from your hole, place on the towel or frisbee and then after you’ve recovered your target, just simply pour the dirt back in the whole. Now no dirt or mess left on the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread