Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Deus II is finally got me excited enough to get back on the beach. Just got notification that it shipped.
I got my original Deus back in January 2011 directly from the factory. I think it was one of the first 6 machines sold around then for U.S consumption. As a dry beach machine it was perfect for me. This new Deus II, I'm expecting, will be perfect for me for both dry and wet beach.
Talking about battery life . . I just a few months ago changed out the Deus I's battery in the backphones. The controller was still good with the original battery. The 11" coil was newer, I think 6 or so years old and running strong. Of course my detecting usually lasted under 4 hours at a time.

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Deus II is finally got me excited enough to get back on the beach. Just got notification that it shipped.
I got my original Deus back in January 2011 directly from the factory. I think it was one of the first 6 machines sold around then for U.S consumption. As a dry beach machine it was perfect for me. This new Deus II, I'm expecting, will be perfect for me for both dry and wet beach.
Talking about battery life . . I just a few months ago changed out the Deus I's battery in the backphones. The controller was still good with the original battery. The 11" coil was newer, I think 6 or so years old and running strong. Of course my detecting usually lasted under 4 hours at a time.
Happy Deus!

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the Deus II leapfrogging the Minelan Equinox, it’s on my list of must haves.

Was going to get the Equinox but with all of the problems reported decided to hold off.

Glad I did!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going out with a friend and HIS is being delivered today also. I had a choice in life - stay on the couch or get off it. I decided to get off it. Had a 3 hour long doctor visit yesterday. I passed the tests. Dr. gave me a hug.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It works really well. In spite of doctors I managed to walk about a mile and a half and dug a few nice things including a Virginia CW button and colonial horse boss for the bit, plus more buttons, early stuff. The VA button was a surprise.

OP
OP
DrJoePrime

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
First hunt with my new Deus II is in the books now!
It was a 4 hour beach hunt close to home. I struggled for the first 2 hours. So many choices . . but I selected the 1st Beach Program as is. Getting a lot of one way signals was driving me a little batty! Cursing under my breath I persevered. It was hitting nickels like crazy . . way loud and almost like yelling out "I'm a NICKEL!" I got 4 in a row. One was down a foot+ deep! Dimes started showing up too but no quarters.
At the 3 hour mark I switched up to the Beach Pitch Program and suddenly everything made sense again. Very few one way signals and targets locked in perfectly. A couple of quarters showed up and I was happy with the performance but getting rather pooped . . UNTIL "What I'm Looking For" showed up!
This was just a get acquainted spin and I didn't really expect more than a few coins but I did swing my coil at the right spot at the right time and got GOLD! Rather light but it's 14K and enough to make me smile!
I think I'm going to like this new Deus!

Attachments

• IMG_3637.jpg
    IMG_3637.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 38

Denny45

Apr 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First hunt with my new Deus II is in the books now!
It was a 4 hour beach hunt close to home. I struggled for the first 2 hours. So many choices . . but I selected the 1st Beach Program as is. Getting a lot of one way signals was driving me a little batty! Cursing under my breath I persevered. It was hitting nickels like crazy . . way loud and almost like yelling out "I'm a NICKEL!" I got 4 in a row. One was down a foot+ deep! Dimes started showing up too but no quarters.
At the 3 hour mark I switched up to the Beach Pitch Program and suddenly everything made sense again. Very few one way signals and targets locked in perfectly. A couple of quarters showed up and I was happy with the performance but getting rather pooped . . UNTIL "What I'm Looking For" showed up!
This was just a get acquainted spin and I didn't really expect more than a few coins but I did swing my coil at the right spot at the right time and got GOLD! Rather light but it's 14K and enough to make me smile!
I think I'm going to like this new Deus!
Square Pitch in beach P program is what I use for the turf. Dug up a 5 gram gold nugget from a city park.

Congrats on the gold ring!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW! Great report and ring!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread