Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just watched Gary's Deus 2 introduction video and have to say I'm both impressed with the changes and concerned it could make the original obsolete rather quickly. I'd hate to see XP abandon updates for the Deus 1.

If it preforms as well as I'm sure we all assume it does I'll likely buy one even if they continue Deus 1 updates forever.

Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just watched Gary's Deus 2 introduction video and have to say I'm both impressed with the changes and concerned it could make the original obsolete rather quickly. I'd hate to see XP abandon updates for the Deus 1.

If it preforms as well as I'm sure we all assume it does I'll likely buy one even if they continue Deus 1 updates forever.
I have seen some people considering the original assuming the price will be going down when the 2 is released. Just curious but at this point what types of "updates" would you hope to see with the old machine. I understand it has been out a long time; are you referring to new search programs or bug fixes? Just curious - will probably go for the 2 eventually after seeing it tested.

Last edited:

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Past updates have included additional software features to some of the programs, especially the expert options. These updates were in response to user input. I'm hoping XP doesn't stop listening to input from out in the field and only concentrate on Deus 2 updates. But I don't have anything specific in mind.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kind of like Gary's Skill school videos

Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Past updates have included additional software features to some of the programs, especially the expert options. These updates were in response to user input. I'm hoping XP doesn't stop listening to input from out in the field and only concentrate on Deus 2 updates. But I don't have anything specific in mind.
Ok I see ; thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread